Daydream Sanctuary Features

Friday, March 6, 2009

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

I believe that many are familiar with Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's The Little Prince. Some portions of the book are even included in English Literature/Reading books used in school (well, at least I remember them during my elementary days) or examples in Reading Comprehension and many more. I remember liking this story back in childhood, but I no longer remember much of it, aside from the fact that the prince is an alien and he loved a certain flower. So when I saw a copy of it on bargain, I did not have second thoughts in buying it. I've thought of reading it again, after such a long time, recently because I wanted to read something really short at the moment.
Story was mainly about a young boy who lives in a small planet that had travelled to different planets and different kinds of people/creatures. He's a very curious child that never lets his questions left unanswered. His encounters make us realize different things, like what we should and should not give importance to, and what things matter, and so on.
It was a very popular book, and I don't wonder about that because it was indeed fascinating. I like how it was narrated . . . it was unique. It may seem to be a simple children's book but the messages in its story make's one have some reflections. Overall I consider it really wonderful!
Rating:
Favoritism: