Daydream Sanctuary Features

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

[ Manga Discovery ] Love Stage!!


Love Stage!!
by Mangaka

[ Demographic: SHOUJO-ISH YAOI ]
Everyone in the Sena family is a celebrity, except for Izumi. He managed to appear in a commercial as a kid though, but what happened during the shoot made him so traumatized that he turned into a shut-in. Years later, it appears that he has no choice but to do a similar commercial again... because a co-star desperately wants him to be in it.
(7 chapters read as of the date this blog entry was posted)

POTENTIAL: C- (SO-SO!) FAVORITISM: 3 Hearts (LIKE)
WARNING: YAOI content

Motivation: (What Made Me Check It Out)
It was by the mangaka of Princess Princess. The first yaoi I managed to finish was actually done by this mangaka, so I thought I would be able to do the same for this one.
Curses: (What Seems to be Bad About It)
Oh... the usual prettier without glasses stereotype.
How celebrities freely run around like that... I dunno. But that happens often in manga with celebrities anyway... especially shoujo. *sigh*
I find it odd for a guy with sibling complex to help out a dude who sexually violated his beloved sibling.
The parents were just for display. They didn't seem like supporting characters at all, just some extra cheerleader or fangirl/fanboy.
Praises: (What Seems to be Good About It)
It was fun to see an otaku in a BL scenario... he was worried that he might've been an "uke BL character"... which was spot on. LOLz.
Bias: (What's Keeping Me Hooked to It)
THAT BROTHER COMPLEX, damn it.
Fangirl: (What I Love in It)
I like Shougo and Rei. They spoil the protagonist; it was cute xD
They seem to have their own series.... I dunno what to think.
Nostalgia: (What It Reminds Me of)
Family Complex (the everyone in this family is fabulous except "me" thing)
Overall:
Honestly, this is typical shoujo... minus the homosexual and the R18 scene. I don't see what's really great about it, apart from the pretty art and pretty amusing characters.
I found its story pretty romantic initially (a boy liked another kid for 10 years... and still liked the kid even after finding out that he's a guy) but since Ryouma seems to have liked Izumi mainly for looks... and there had been a you-know-what scene... errr... I don't like that.
But I'm still reading this.... F*CK I DUNNO WHY!