Daydream Sanctuary Features

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spring 2012 Anime Series - First Impressions

Finally, finally, I managed to check out majority of the series that will be debuting on the upcoming season.


The list is based on here and here.
But Ozuma's not included, because its first episode is already out. Kiddie shows aren't included either.
I've divided my list into three groups: the sequels, the titles I've read in manga form, and the others I have no idea about.

I don't really care about the art, or the staff behind a series. What matters most to me is the story; so if it's adapted from a manga, I'll only know a better idea of what it'll be about if I read the original. If it's not available, then the synopsis is my only basis.... but not all synopsis get to describe what the show is really about (it's just a teaser).
Of course, what's good and interesting to me can be otherwise to others.




::: SEQUELS/SPIN-OFFs ::::

[ Sequel I'm Definitely Watching ]
Fate/Zero part 2
The first part was MAGNIFICENT! Waiting for the second part felt like ages... I'm happy that it's coming soon =D

[ Sequels I'll Watch Once I'm Done With the Prequel ]
Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle 2nd Season
This has been a unique episodic shounen type of series... it's not just on who's stronger, but also on who's smarter. I hope I can catch up on this soon....
Kore wa Zombie desu ka? OF THE DEAD
I liked the first season (freakin' hilarious). But I'm not yet done with it so.... prequel first.
Kimi to Boku season 2
The first season actually disappointed me (didn't do the manga justice). But friends have been saying that it wasn't so bad... so for the sake of my love for the manga, I think I'll give the first season a chance then eventually catch up on this one.

[ Sequel That Shouldn't Exist ]
Naruto SD: Rock Lee no Seishun Full-Power Ninden
I don't hate Rock Lee but seeing too many Naruto stuff is just sickening. I'm no Narutard, so skipping this.
Lupin III: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna
I'm not a fan of the Lupin series. So... nah.
Recorder to Randsell Second Season
I didn't like the prequel much.... too weird.
Queen's Blade Rebellion
All I see are boobs. *cries*


::: WITH MANGA BACKGROUND ::::


[ Liked the Manga So Watching It ]
Uchuu Kyoudai
It's about becoming an astronaut!!! The manga's hilarious; story is pretty good too. No wonder it got an award!

[ Liked the Manga So Checking It Out, But I'm Not Sure If I'll Finish It ]
Sakamichi no Apollon
Though this has been an award-winning manga, and the director has fantastic history, the first three chapters hadn't been that exciting =/
The relationship of the main trio is quite similar to the main trio's in xxxHolic (Watanuki-like is just more angsty and less hilarious; Doumeki-like is stronger and naughtier; but the Himawari-like is way more decent.... but like Himari, she also loves saying "You get along so well" to those two even when the duo are having killing intents =_= Did CLAMP have influence on this manga's mangaka? =_=)
Anyway, I think things will get interesting once the plot focuses on the characters playing jazz music. We'll see...
Erureka Seven AO
I liked the prequel, and I am seeing why people are saying it's so epic, haha! I hope I get to finish it soon... I'm not even halfway yet... ahahaha.
The sequel already has a manga adaptation though (that's why it's under this category in this post).
I really don't get why the main guy's parents left him (especially the dad, where the hell is he? And a pregnant woman fell from the sky... seriously?). Sadly, the first episode of the prequel is way more interesting that this one's. Its way of trying to mirror the events of the prequel's first episode made it worse (Come on, it doesn't have to be the same).
And my biggest problem is Dominique... where the hell is he???!!! Doesn't he have a child too? Unfair!
I can't help comparing it to the prequel.... as far as story and characters are concerned, prequel so far is hell better. The animation in the sequel will definitely better though, but still.... for my love for the prequel, I'm watching the sequel.


[ Liked the Manga So Checking It Out, But I Won't Finish It ]
Tasogare OtomexAmnesia
The heroine's fanservice... a fanservice I don't mind (I mean, yes, she's fanservice, but not the useless type), but the mystery elements in this series weren't so bad *_*
Sankarea
Even with all the fanservice and some cliche, it actually has plot. Not to mention it can be hilarious as much as it can be creepy. And shet, zombie girl, yes! xD
Accel World
The fresh ideas in it are interesting, and I rarely see a fat dude for a main character. Unfortunately, that same main character is just so... EMO! Oh just shut up, f@ta$$!!!
Kuroko no Basuke
Typical sports shounen, but it didn't have the typical main character. I enjoyed reading it but.... it's a popular Shounen Jump anime.... it will have endless number of episodes. NOOO!!! >_<
Medaka Box
The manga was fun at the beginning but it became so repetitive later (nothing new, until it got so boring that I got tired to read more.) I think the same's gonna happen to the anime.

[ Read the Manga And It Got Me Bored, Skipping It ]
Jormungand
It seems to be my type of plot but I didn't find it interesting enough to make me want to know what happens next =/ All I see are weapons and gunshots.
Acchi Kocchi
The little loli that was obsessed with one of the dudes was really annoying.
Upotte!
I like the human!guns idea, but.... I only see girls playing guns
Zetman
It's so angsty =_=
Nazo no Kanojo X
The drool thing was really... awkward.
Yurumates
It was so boring that I don't remember anything in it.

::: TOTALLY NEW TO ME ::::


[ Looking Forward To ]
Tsuritama
It's about fishing? It's sci-fi? Aliens? An Asian that isn't Japanese or Chinese? Bishies? Directed by Kenji Nakamura? HELL YEAH!
Hyouka
Classic Literature. Mystery. Can't Resist.

[ Might Check It Out But I Kinda Doubt It'll Be My Type ]
Saint Seiya Omega
I like the Greek mythology references... but looks typical shounen to me =/
Saki: Achiga hen episode of Side A
I liked the previous Saki, but the cast on this one looks ten times more boring than the previous cast seemed before it debuted. I dunno =/
Shining Hearts ~Shiawase no Pan~
It looks freakin' boring, but it might not be as bad as it seemed.
Natsuiro no Kiseki
I can't enjoy "ordinary slice of life" shows. Unless there's something abnormal/unique about the main characters, I don't think I'll even be able to finish the first episode.
AKB0048
Rebellion through entertainment? Not really a bad idea but... little girls on such a story... I worry that the cast might ruin the plot.

[ NAH ]
Sengoku Collection
I love Sengoku Era stuff. I also love Brains Base.
But... why the freakin' lolis. =_=
Hiiro no Kakera
REVERSE HAREM! THERE WON'T BE A PLOT! BISHIES ARE GONNA BE STEREOTYPICAL AND THE HEROINE'S GONNA BE FREAKIN' ANNOYING! DIE, DAMNIT!
Koi-Ken!
Whut?!
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
There was some OVA of this, and I see nothing but negative reviews. I'll save my eyes from bleeding.


And that's it~ Below are my bets of which I think are going to be the most enjoyable anime, for me, this upcoming Spring 2012:

~~~::: POTENTIAL WEEKLY WATCHES ::::~~~

#1 Fate/Zero part 2
I MISS THE ADVENTURES OF RIDER AND WAIVER!!!! xD I ALSO MISS MY GODDESS SABER!!! I ALSO MISS MAKING FUN OF GILGAMESH AND BEING CREEPED OUT ON RYOUNOSUKE, HAHAHAHAHA!

#2 Tsuritama
I FREAKIN' LOVE UNIQUE PLOTS AND KENJI NAKAMURA SERIES HAD NEVER DISAPPOINTED ME SO I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS ONE!!!! YAY FOR ALL THE BLUE!!!!
(Actually, this is a tie with Fate/Zero, but Fate/Zero is just more certain because I know the first part, while this one is completely new... a bigger gamble)

#3 Uchuu Kyoudai
I LOVE THE ASTRONAUT AND SPACE TRAVELLING STUFF!!! THIS GOT ME LAUGH TOO XD I ALSO LOVE THE FREAKIN' BROTHERLY LOVE!!!! KYAAAAAAA!!!!


Followed by: (4) Hyou-ka (5) Sakamichi no Apollon

But like in previous seasons, I think this ranking's gonna change once I see the first episode.... or a few episodes of these (and the other) series, hehe.

Can't wait for next week xD