Daydream Sanctuary Features

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer 2012 Anime Series First Impressions

The upcoming season doesn't seem to have that many shows... much less interesting shows. So looking through them hadn't been as time consuming as the previous ones, hehe.

I'm skipping Kingdom (since it's already out) and the kiddie shows. It doesn't look like Blood Lad will be premiering this season. While Arve Rezzle seems to be an OVA series rather than TV Series.

As for the others:



[ SEQUEL THAT MAKES ME CRY ]
  • Hakuouki: Reimei-rokuNOOOOOOOOOO!!!! STOP IT!!!!!!! THERE WILL NOTHING BE GOOD IN IT UNTIL THE GUYS GET PERSONALITY AND THE HEROINE DIES!!! WHICH IS SADLY NEVER GONNA HAPPEN SO JUST QUIT IT!!!!
[ SEQUELS THAT SHALL BE IGNORED ]
  • Rinne no Lagrange Season 2, Yuruyuri, Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II, Dog Days'Well, I haven't bothered to finish or watch the prequel, so I doubt I'll bother to watch the sequel ^^;
[ NEW SHOWS THAT LOOK LIKE CRAP ]
  • Chitose Get You!! - a little girl going after an older dude? err, no.... 
  • Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! - I can watch incest.... but not like this
  • Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai - main character's just too disgustingly perverted
  • Campione! - typical reverse harem fantasy series... nah
  • Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate (Love, Election & Chocolate) - only the "chocolate" in the title was cool, everything else looked like crap 
  • Oda Nobuna no Yabou - ODA NOBUNAGA IS A DUDE! ACCEPT IT AND STOP CHANGING HIS GENDER, DAMNIT! Why do they love making the historical characters of that era females?! UGH! 
[ NEW SHOWS WHICH DIDN'T SEEM THAT BAD BUT STILL.... NAH ]
  • Hagure Yuusha no Estetica - didn't seem that bad but.... seeing all that ecchi was really discouraging
  • Joshiraku - I think their chats might be funny... but also so many that it'll bore me
  • Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse - mecha stuff seemed cool.... but only those
[ NEW SHOWS WHICH DISAPPOINTED ME... GREATLY ]
  • La storia della Arcana Famiglia - I love the mafia stuff but... the reverse harem RUINED it. ABSOLUTELY RUINED IT!!!!! ALL HOPE IS LOST IN THIS SERIES BECAUSE OF THAT STUPID REVERSE HAREM ELEMENT, DAMN IT!!!!
    Oh there are so many awesome Sylph series, but why are they only animating the reverse harem ones?! UGH
  • Binbou-gami ga! - The plot kinda reminded me of Seirei Produce but.... I don't see the story much in this one. Jokes didn't make me giggle... reading a chapter without skipping any lines had been a chore. So.... I don't think I'll appreciate the anime either.
  • Sword Art Online - In fairness, it's better than Accel World. But still, not awesome. Manga even looked more awesome than the anime adaptation (maybe the anime's gonna improve the storytelling since manga's too fast paced... but I doubt that will be enough to save this series from its lameness) 
[ NEW SHOWS THAT SEEM BORING BUT.... ]
  • Natsuyuki Rendezvous - I got pretty bored while reading it but I admit that plot's unique and interesting. Though like Sakamichi no Apollon, I'm not sure if I'll last long on this kind of josei series... even if it's award-winning
  • Kokoro Connect - the trailer made me yawn, but the story's about girls and boys switching bodies (more than one of them?), it might be fun~
  • Tari Tari - it looked boring... as much as the preview of Hanasaku Iroha did. But I ended up loving Iroha so hopefully it'll be the same for this one.
[ NEW SHOWS TO LOOK FORWARD TO ]

Chouyaku Hyakunin Isshu: Uta Koi
Anime based on stories from poems? I haven't seen one ever. And I am really fond of historical series (that don't have ecchi or harem or reverse harem) There's also Beautiful art and music *_* Oooooo.....Promising enough for me~


Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita (Humanity Has Declined)
The pretty art and the plot were actually enough to make me interested (futuristic? underpopulation? fairies?) but THAT TRAILER left me speechless. It was something I tseries.... I like that~



Moyashimon Returns
I DO NOT NEED TO THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE ASIDE FROM RE-WATCHING THE PREQUEL BECAUSE I KNOW IT WAS AWESOME AND SO WILL THIS SEQUEL SO HELL YEAH! xD