Daydream Sanctuary Features

Monday, April 11, 2011

Lincoln Lawyer, Red Riding Hood, and Rio (ft. Super 8)

I've been watching films from the past and also recent ones. I found it difficult to make a post for each, so I decided to do them in batches~ Each movie batch would have 3 quick movie reviews then 1 featured upcoming movie. Here goes:
Super 8
The trailer's cool~
Though many people would be pretty frustrated for keeping the "monster" a secret xD I don't mind since it's more intriguing and exciting that way (don't spoil all the good stuff in trailers~) but I'm honestly bothered on the "EIGHT" in the title.... It sounded like a superhero movie...was it referring to the kids? *didn't count though* What made them "super"? Aaaahhh!!!
Either way, I still highly look forward to the movie~

Lincoln Lawyer
About an outstanding lawyer in defending guilty clients.... but his client this time is a suspect who wants to prove his innocence.
RATING: B+ (really really impressive!)
FAVORITISM: 3.5 Hearts ---> Got interested on the novels now~
Are people ignoring this because it's about a lawyer? He's a cool (and mean =P) and talented lawyer that his cases had been really interesting~ It's also pretty funny (his car plate rocks xD)~
He may be an excellent lawyer, but at times he also skrews up and shows weaknesses. But I'm so happy that despite his losses, he gets up and uses his brains to finish off his opponents. Oh so many things can be accomplished without drama thanks to wit~
Overall, this was really impressive... I enjoyed watching it~
Red Riding Hood
An adaptation of a retelling of a popular children's tale... it's just a bit naughtier, scarier, and bloodier.
RATING: B (a good version of the story~)
FAVORITISM: 3.5 Hearts ---> I loooove this adaptation~
My only disappointment here is honestly the drama... the sad parts... because the characters don't seem sad enough (it felt so fake) to make you teary. But everything else was good~
I'm very relieved that it had a decent love story. Romances with love triangles often end up getting too emo... but this trio had been not been the stupid type, thank goodness!
I like the horror themes... but for some reason what frightened me the most isn't supposed to be the horrifying one in the movie: The Grandma.
The werewofl was cute.... (heck, all werewolves look cute to me, haha!)
I like the story twist. It's a wonderful retelling of the original story... I'm really pleased with this movie~
Rio
Blu's a very intelligent bird that it can even do physics and drink hot choco... however, it can't fly. What's it to do now it's out in the wild?
RATING: B (story hadn't been wow but everything else was~)
FAVORITISM: 3.5 Hearts ---> yellow birdie the best for moi~
The top three best stuff in this:
3) Characters - oh they're very charming~ Even the human ones (and even the villains)~ The monkeys made me laugh so hard when I saw them using a phone and send a message, hahaha! My favorite's the yellow birdie... he's just... AWESOME xD
2) Colors - So many birds and colorful feathers.... they've been very lovely to watch
1) THE MUSIC - all songs... ROCK. Of course, the best were the ones by the yellow bird and his partner for me, hehe~
My only big complain in this is the cliche climax..... but the rest had been really wonderful~ A very enjoyable movie =D

2 comments:

chungky said...

i've only watched red riding hood but im hoping to watched rio but the trailer put me off a bit ^_^;
red riding hood was nice!!! but the main hero's presence wasnt very erm...prevalent? lol, i thought he was clearly outshone by his co-stars...the blacksmith dude was more outstanding xD, he deserved the babe more

lincoln lawyer sounds like a contender for the oscars xD

Sapphire Pyro said...

"im hoping to watched rio but the trailer put me off a bit ^_^;"
= really? the trailer made me want to watch it more though... did you see the one with the monkeys? THAT WAS SO AWESOME xD Hahaha!

"main hero's presence wasnt very erm...prevalent? lol, i thought he was clearly outshone by his co-stars...the blacksmith dude was more outstanding xD"
= some people say otherwise though, so perhaps that depends on the person? I personally find the childhood friend more attractive~

"lincoln lawyer sounds like a contender for the oscars xD "
= yesh xD

Post a Comment