Daydream Sanctuary Features

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Upcoming Spring 2011 Anime Spotlight: C (The Money of Soul and Possibility Control)

I don't think I have enough time to do season previews, so instead, I'll just feature upcoming anime which I know (meaning, I'm already a fan of its original/previous adaptation) or highly believe (meaning, it's just my gut feeling) are awesome. Enjoy~


C (The Money of Soul and Possibility Control)
Debuting on April 14, 2011
The Japanese government was rescued from the brink of financial collapse by the Sovereign Wealth Fund. For its citizens, however, life has not improved, and unemployment, crime, suicide, and despair are rampant. Kimimaro, raised by his maternal grandmother after the disappearance of his father and the death of his mother, is a scholarship student whose only dream is to avoid all this and live a stable life. One day, however, he meets a man who offers him a large sum of money if he'll agree to pay it back. From then on his fate is radically altered as he's drawn into a mysterious realm known as "The Financial District."
(Official Website)

=== QUICK IMPRESSIONS ===

(occult references too? Sweet~)
This is my most anticipated title in this Spring 2011 season!!! I instantly had high expectations on it just from the staff and the plot *_*

It's gonna be under the Noitama timeslot, and majority of the series that I know from there are usually EPIC! A number of the geniuses of Brains Base will be working on it too!!! (ANYONE WHO IS A STAFF OF BACCANO AND DURARARA IS GENIUS) Well, I know that it's not a Narita-sensei story, but at least I can be sure of fantastic story-telling (Takagi-san does a fabulous job)! And OMG that director!!! Nakamura-san overflows in creativity!!! Mononoke and Trapeze were so fantastic~ Yaaaay! I also don't need to worry about the music.... the OP and ED theme bands are the epitome of awesome, and the one who'll handle the contents of the soundtrack is legendary (I salute to Iwasaki-san!!!). Those staff members are so terrific.... I can't imagine this going wrong.

I don't care if the animation in the trailers look meh. I'm a "story over art" person anywayz.

(Besides, the background artworks are gorgeous enough)

The plot seems really really really interesting *_* We've seen anime dealing with politics, psychology, philosophy.... BUT THIS ONE HAS ECONOMICS AND FINANCE xD It's about money money money but in a supernatural setting xD

Oh why should you be bother if the leading guy is a teen??? At least he's almost 20 (not 15 to 17... the usual age group) AND HE'S A SCHOLAR! In other words, HE IS SMART AND WORKS HARD (he seems to be doing part time work)! I don't want a stupid hero if money would be involved!

That reminds me of Liar Game. Money's also a big factor in its plot.

This series also reminds me of Code Geass.... I have a feeling Kimimaro and Mashu have a Lelouch and C.C. type of relationship.... but I think his love interest will be the other girl (most likely she's a childhood friend. I won't mind as long as she's not annoying... I highly doubt she's gonna be annoying).

This looks like a mix of fantasy/supernatural, surreal, suspense, mystery, and action.... I looooove that combination *_* Most likely I'll end up blogging this, hehe. Perfect for my schedule anywayz~

=== STAFF ===

=== CAST ===
(from left to right)


=== FANGURLING ===

The card and the "money changing in a supernatural way" stuff is making me hyper~
And I saw that guy carrying a girl.... romance and tragedy in this series too??? (I saw blood too!!!!)
Yes yes yes yes yes

Most likely I'll be shipping this:

I think Kimimaro x Hanabi's gonna be sweet~ While Kimimaro + Mashu will be fun (cute when Mashu said that she had wanted to meet Kimimaru)

Favorite character so far would be Masakaki:

I think any weirdo voiced by Sakurai is awesome, teehee~

There are tons of possible future favorite characters in this series:

I think the blonde gurl with the gun is hott. And oh, there's a green-haired boy with a weird character design:

Man, these characters are so skinny.


Oooo... wolfie or doggie? (I WANT ANYTHING BUT DOMESTIC KITTY!!!!)
This series has such interesting characters. Can't wait to learn more of them~

Aside from the characters, another thing I'll definitely love would be the music!!!!

You wll be able to hear them so far from one of the trailers. The OP theme is already pretty addicting... and the ED theme's really really beautiful~ I could no longer count how many times I played them tonight.


ONE MORE WEEK TO GO AND I CAN FINALLY SEE THIS OMG!!!!

Credits:
- ANN