Daydream Sanctuary Features

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Daniel X: Alien Hunter by James Patterson

I bought it because it's much cheaper compare to other western graphic novels that I see. (Graphic novels with illustrations like The Sandman (by Neil Gaiman) cost around or more than 700+ pesos and Western novels in manga style like Odd Thomas (by Dean Koontz) cost around 400+ pesos) so seeing this one, 300+ pesos, and it's even colored unlike Pendragon (art is much better too), I didn't think twice in buying it xD Besides, the plot caught my interest a lot. Come on, aliens? power of creation? I can't resist that xD Haha. This one had attracted me more than Ben-10 had.

Anyway, of course I'm done with it (read it since some time early last month actually). To be honest, it wasn't as good as I expected it to be, story-wise. Yes, the power of creation thing had been creative, and I like it that the main character isn't too perfect. I also get to like a certain character there (but he died, baaaw) But, somehow it still gave me the typical-young-superhero-story vibes x_x In other words, it was promising but it didn't meet my expectations.

Though the story and some of the characters didn't impress me much, I have no regrets because the art was pretty cool. And there was a pretty blue butterfly! Kyaaaa! And it had been an enjoyable read.But I don't think I'll plan on reading the novel version, but I might have second thoughts if there'll be another graphic novel. I'm definitely watching the movie version if it turned out nice xD (yes, I've heard it's really gonna be having a movie, like James Patterson's other young adult book: Maximum Ride)

Rating: