Daydream Sanctuary Features

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Tytania

Tytania
of Artland


It's a little slow and some events are kinds typical. Nevertheless, it's one of the greatest space opera anime I've ever seen! I am really impressed and I love it!

Rating: A- OH MY GOD! Amazing, fantastic, oh really wonderful!
Favoritism: 9 hearts out of 10
The capital of the empire of Euria is attacked by the empire of Titania, a much more powerful enemy that controls a large part of the galaxy. The story follows a soldier who flees the Titania empire and seeks refuge with the rebellion force, that rose up since the battle. (Anime News Network)

When I found out that this was the space opera type, I no longer needed to think about watching it. I lack series with such a genre in my anime database. Haha! And besides, it has military, royalty, and political stuff too. Those things always capture my interest.

And I'm really happy that it actually turned out to be better than I expected.

I'll start with the music. I like the idea of having an opera for an opening theme of a space opera! Haha! I like opera and the singer had actually sang well but . . . . it just wasn't my type. The ending theme, however, was totally awesome! It shows that the series is not only serious, but badass as well! Background music had been pleasant to my ears too.

But well, I have to admit that the reason why the leading guy finally rebelled against the antagonists being the death of his girlfriend is kinda typical, so-so, and expected; but a relunctant hero that may be a genius but not perfect nor talented in everything in the beginning is much better than some angsty hero who becomes super powerful later all of a sudden. I am also impressed that the antagonists have variations too. The points of view and methods of the heads differ even if they serve the same clan. Moreover, character sides division isn't simply black and white. Both sides have their own traitors and idiots, geniuses and badasses.

I really love the cast. My favorites are Jouslain and Ariabart. I love kindhearted nobles like Jouslain, while Ariabart is simply damn goodlooking! Haha! I also love their tea times and talks together because I really adore cousins who care for each other. Hehe! The female I admire most is Lydia. For a child, her opinions actually mean something and even her simple actions can make great changes and save lives. I love her bond with Bal'ami. They are so cute and I would really love to see them having either a brother-sister or romantic relationship. Other guys that I also like are Fan, for being crack and I love his bubblegum eating during battles, and Dr. Lee, for his treating of humans as research material always amuses me. While other women that I also admire are Miranda, for being such a GAR woman, and perhaps Serafin and Lira too. To be honest, I didn't appreciate the Fan x Lira love story development much, but they had been such a cute couple. And damn to tragic love . . . always pierces me heart so!

Storytelling was actually pretty good. However, some events had been too slow while some had been too fast. I think the intense moments had been portrayed or illustrated well. Like the drama during a character's death . . . it just didn't feel so real. Also like when a major character had died . . . seriously, how could one die in a battle without any wounds? The excuse might be because they want to omit or minimize the gore and violence, but still . . .. it's just so . . . fake. But anyway, despite my complains on those flaws, overall story still had been really good. The climax had really been epic and the series ended smoothly.

However, the supposedly biggest event in the story haven't exactly happened yet: On how Jouslain and Fan will change Tytania's history for ages. The ending was good but it didn't exactly bring any conclusions on that topic. So it only means one thing: IT IS ONLY THE BEGINNING!

So . . . SEASON TWO WHERE ARE YOU????!!!!!

Oh I really hope that there's going to be a second season and I'll definitely be tuning to it once it has aired!