Daydream Sanctuary Features

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Winter 2012 Anime Series First Impressions

WINTER IS COMING!!!!!!! (I suddenly missed A Game of Thrones....)
Wow... the previous season didn't seem that long ago but it looks like we'll be seeing another batch of new shows coming very soon xD
Last time, I expected my top favorite to be Un-Go, but Fate/Zero blew me away. It was so fantastic, I love it *_*
For this season, my chosen one... should've been:
IT'S AMAZING!!!!!! ONE OF THE FANTASY SERIES WITH ALICE IN WONDERLAND REFERENCES DONE RIGHT AND VERY CREATIVELY *_*
But... it doesn't seem to be a series? But I'm happy that it's gonna be out really soon though xD

Now about the others.... here goes!



[ A SEQUEL I'M TOTALLY CONTINUING ]
Natsume Yuujinchou 4
Director: Takahiro Omori
Series Composition: Sadayuki Murai
Music: Makoto Yoshimori
Original creator: Yuki Midorikawa
Character Design: Akira Takata
Art Director: Yukihiro Shibutani
Director of Photography: Hitoshi Tamura
Color setting: Hiromi Miyawaki
Editing: Kazuhiko Seki
Monster Design: Tatsuo Yamada

Animation Production: Brains Base
Broadcaster: TV Tokyo
Production: NAS
Hiroshi Kamiya as Takashi Natsume
Kazuhiko Inoue as Nyanko-sensei


Akira Ishida as Shūichi Natori
Eiji Itô as Shigeru Fujiwara
Hisayoshi Suganuma as Atsushi Kitamoto
Kazuma Horie as Kaname Tanuma
Miki Itou as Tōko Fujiwara
Miyuki Sawashiro as Jun Sasada
Rina Satou as Tohru Taki
Ryohei Kimura as Satoru Nishimura
Sanae Kobayashi as Reiko Natsume
To be honest, I have not finished the third season... yet (That was stupid of me, I know!!! I'll do it soon!!!) but this anime series HAS BEEN CONSISTENTLY WONDERFUL!
I even forgot about the manga. The anime was more fun to follow xD
BRAINSBASE IS GENIUS!!! GIVE THEM ANYTHING THAT IS NOT GENERIC MOE (Akikan was really horrible... they can't do anything about it), THEY WILL DO JUSTICE ON IT!!!!
My only problem with it is that the plot development is reeeeeeeeeally slow. No wonder the manga's currently preeeeeetty long.
BUT I DON'T CARE!!! IT'S GOOD AND ENTERTAINING ANYWAY!!!! I LOVE ABUSING YOU, NATSUME!!!!!

[ A MANGA-BASED SERIES I'M DEFINITELY FOLLOWING ]
Inu x Boku Secret Service
Director: Naokatsu Tsuda
Series Composition: Saizo Nemoto
Character Design & Chief Animation Director: Haruko Iizuka
Original Creator: Fujiwara Cocoa
Scenario & Setting Supervision: Takuya Satō
Animation Production: David Production
Broadcaster: TBS
Production: Aniplex
Rina Hidaka as Ririchiyo Shirakiin
Yūichi Nakamura as Sōshi Miketsukami

Kana Hanazawa as Karuta Roromiya
Mamoru Miyano as Zange Natsume
Takuya Eguchi as Banri Watanuki
Tomokazu Sugita as Kagerō Shōkiin
Yōko Hikasa as Nobara Yukinokōji
Yoshimasa Hosoya as Renshō Sorinozuka
I.... actually got HOOKED to this one, ahahahaha! It even has its own entry where I go fan crazy about the manga version and how excited I am on the anime adaptation.
Actually, it's not really that fantastic. It has flaws here and there. But it isn't that bad either. It has a pretty unique cast... and I love the characters for being so amusing xD OH I LOVE IT FOR BEING SO FREAKIN' ENTERTAINING!!!! xD YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!

[ CHECKING OUT ]
Shows that are completely new to me that I find pretty interesting and worth checking out
Aquarion Evol
Oh my god I'm annoyed with the heroine already.
She's supposed to be a "warrior" but in the promos I see her do anything but fighting.
But damnit.... the couple on the mecha cockpit.... MECHA SHOWS SHOULD STOP DOING THAT!!! IT REMINDS ME OF MY SIMON x NIA (Gurren-Lagann)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, this is a sequel but its set like thousands of years later so I suppose it's safe to watch it without background of the prequel. I also seldom see shounen series wherein the couple's in a canon relationship pretty early. And I really couldn't resist characters with angel wings. So yeah, I'm not really interested in it because of the plot or anything, only because of what I had mentioned.
Bias and nostalgia are so powerful....

Miniskirt Pirates
THE MINISKIRT AND HIGHSCHOOL THING IS STUPID! Oh come on, anime girls can have "costumes" other than their school uniforms ya know!!!
But.... space pirates... complete with the pirate hat (bones on a heart shape... LOL LOL LOL) and pirate cape..... OH YOU'D BETTER BE FUN!!! I WANT A PIRATE ANIME!!!

Daily Lives of High School Boys
Most people will be reminded of Kimi to Boku upon seeing this but.... this one's actually wackier and more perverted. I was disappointed to the Kimi to Boku anime because the anime couldn't adapt its type of humor in animation form. This one, on the other hand, might have lesser problems when it comes to adaptation because crazy humore is easier to depict in animation form. We'll see~

[ POSSIBLY FOLLOWING ]
I have prequel or manga background on the series under this category, but those pre-knowledge aren't enough to make me follow these for certain. It depends on how the anime adaptation will turn out.
Another
OH MY GOD! SAPPHIRE PYRO'S NOT THAT EXCITED ABOUT A MYSTERY SERIES?!
Ahahaha.... well, I checked out the manga. And though, yes, it's pretty good. I liked the nurse who keeps calling the protagonist a horror maniac, haha. It's pretty spooky, and it has no limits on how many characters it wants to kill (reminds me of Shiki).
But.... I dunno. It didn't grab me much. Must've been because of the protagonist. I don't get why he still didn't have breathing problems (he has a lung disease, you see) even after all those hair-raising events. The mystery also felt forces (as in, the other characters are like acting like this to the protagonist: "we're not telling you because if we do, there won't be a mystery.... but we'll reveal it later anyway... intetionally or not.... then we'll regret that we didn't tell you earlier... it'll be too late... but it's fun if it's too late... more tragic and horrific this way, right?") Oh that makes me go facepalm T_T The protagonist also likes going into trouble.
Okay, fine, THIS SERIES ANNOYED ME. For a supernatural horror series, it felt like it tried too hard.
But I'm hoping the anime will make some changes... the premise is promising, and even though the manga annoyed me, it managed to make me keep reading.
Nisemonogatari
I love Bakemonogatari to bits and pieces but.... this series is about Koyomi's sisters so... HE'D BETTER BE THERE!!! IF HE'S NOT THERE, I HAVE NO REASON TO WATCH IT!!! BAKEMONOGATARI WAS FUN MAINLY BECAUSE OF HIM!!!! I WANT MY KOYOMI!!! GIMME MY AHOGE BOY!!!! I MISS HIM!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! *fangurl going crazy*

[ MIGHTY TRY ]
Shows that are completely new to me but I don't find that interesting. It might turn out to be better than it seemed, so maybe I'll wait for what others will say about them once they air before I decide whether I'll check them out or not.
  • Black Rock Shooter - To be honest, the main reason why I can't get drawn to this Vocaloid animation mania is because.... THERE'S NO KAITO!!!!!!!!!!!
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    *ehem* So I never bothered with the OVA. But I checked out the trailer of this series and.... it's alright. Well, the action scenes in the fantasy world were cool, but the other side of the story, with those two girls being girls got me SLEEPY. Just looking at them already makes me sleepy.
  • Rinne no Lagrange - Mecha shows with female pilots eh.... hhhmm... though the animation looks wonderful, the trailer bored the hell out of me. But it really seems good so.... hopefully it's not really as boring as it appears.
  • Recorder to Randoseru - 11 year old boy who looks like in his thirties and a highschool girl who looks like she's still in kindergarten... that sounds unique but... that's just WEIRD x_x I mean, I'm fine with weird, but this is an anime with a story that tries to be realistic but I just CAN'T see it as realistic no matter how I look at it X_X And what story can you make out of such people aside from people misunderstanding them or treating them as to how they look? @_@ The possibilities seem limited...
  • Ano Natsu de Matteru - I dunno Onegai Teacher/Twins (that title sounds like pr0nz) and I think I see a love triange =_= and to me, despite the pretty art, it looks very very BORING. Well, it might not be so bad (quite a number of people are looking forward to it o_O). Maybe it'd be something like Ano Hana (which looked boring to me at first as well). So I'll wait for what others will think xD
  • Kill Me Baby - It looks crazy. It could be fun, haha. I only fear about its jokes being overused =_=

[ THEY'RE NOT BAD BUT I DON'T THINK I CAN FOLLOW THEM ]
Series wherein I have manga background but don't think I'll be following the anime series
Brave 10
Errr... I like sengoku based series with characters based on actual historical figures. I like bishies and action scenes. But.... the heroine in this series is just so clingy and gets rescued most of the time that it got me bored =_= I like it that she's quite different from other heroines like her (she's not conservative AT ALL). I also like it that the main duo aren't awkward toward another (ya know, no "romantic tension")... but still.... the frequent rescuing will make me sick.
The Knight in the Area
The manga's pretty good. Funny even xD And I seldom see a female manager who knows A LOT about the sport and is good in analyzing strategies and player skills (most managers in anime that I see are just... some errand girls ^^;). There's also some of my brotherly love fanservice xD Mwahahaha! Some drama between them happened and it made me teary ;_;
HOWEVER, this is just so freakin' LOOOONG (already 20+ volumes). So... no T_T

[ INSTANTLY DROPPED ]
Sequels and new shows that I'm positive I won't ever be able to last long.
  • Tantei Opera Milky Holmes 2 - Maybe I should check out its prequel soon (it has a reference to my favorite detective after all) but magical girls.... I dunno...
  • New Prince of Tennis - I liked Prince of Tennis but this is just too loooooooooooooong. I hate it when shounen series become freakin' looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong.
  • Zero no Tsukaima F - Even if I enjoyed the first season, and managed to finish the second season, I can't bear to see and hear Louise one more time T_T Saito also lost my respect. I avoided the third season anyway so for this one... nah.
  • Senhime Zesshou Symphogear - Singing moe girls that can turn into fighting hott magical girls. Errr... whatever.
  • Poyopoyo Kansatsu Nikki - CATS! KEEP THEM AWAY FROM ME!!!
  • Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai! - I think those three girls are gonna annoy me. "At-home romantic comedy", eh? Don't tell me it's forbidden romance between an uncle and his niece this time T_T
  • Amagami SS+ plus - I never bothered with the prequel... and I doubt I ever will. These types of romances bore the hell out of me.
  • High School D x D - Perverted harem.... I don't trust such stupidity. I'll save myself from headaches.

Credits:
- Info from Anime News Network
- Images either from Official Site or Animu Chart