Daydream Sanctuary Features

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Autumn/Fall 2011 Anime Series First Impressions

Here I am once again... looking at the new shows next season to find more things to get addicted to, haha. The next season looks really promising *_*

(This image is from an upcoming movie: Hotarubi no Mori E. The manga was enchanting, and Midorikawa Yuki is fantastic. The anime film will certainly be good xD)

There are quite a number of shows in the upcoming season that seem interesting... four of them are those I'm already SURE that I'll be watching (because of manga background, or if I liked the previous adaptation). October's gonna be a very exciting month =3


I think I'm only certain of being able to blog and follow one series weekly. But my chosen one in the previous season will last for more than 20 episodes, therfore it's not ending anytime soon. So if my chosen one in this season is going to be as epic, I think I'll be tempted to blog two series, teehee~

[ MY BET ]
Un-Go
noitaminA? Bones? Mystery series? Based on a novelist's/essayist's works? (Futuristic) Post World War II?
CANNOT RESIST!!!! I DO NOT NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE PLOT OR TO SEE THE TRAILER TO MAKE ME MORE CONVINCED!!! I DON'T EVEN NEED TO THINK!!!!
THIS HAS TO BE MY SHOW NEXT SEASON!!!! I KNOW *_*

[ CERTAINLY AWESOME ]
Kimi to Boku
Ugh, some people have been dimissing this as the male version of the "a slice of life about four girls" mainstream. I can't blame them, but still... it's a little annoying for this series to be lumped together with the likes of such series =_=The background of staff members is making people's impressions worse... wah...
Well, series about the everyday lives of ordinary high school students usually bore the hell out of me... but the Kimi to Boku manga had never got me bored... BECAUSE IT'S SO HILARIOUS!!!!
The characters don't need to go moe or wild in order to make the audience laugh... they're naturals xD Haha! Even if they overdo some of their jokes, or even do really lame ones, they're still so amusing xD
They are freakin' cute and adorable too~ MY TWINS!!!!! *hugs them to death* SQUEEE!!!!!
But *sigh* I think most people would find this type of comedy lame, plain, or bland ^^; Gay, even. Am gonna be part of the minority again...

Mirai Nikki
I've read the manga and it was SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It sounded like typical shounen at first, and the leading character is difficult to appreciate, BUT IT'S FREAKIN' CRAZY AND FANTASTIC!!!! This had me so creeped out yet so impressed at the same time. I LOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!
It's one of the most amazing psychological shounen series out there. The manga adaptation is brilliant and already finished, so it's hard to imagine the anime staff messing this up... unless they make drastic changes to the story (I won't mind if they change and improve the ending though. The series is epic but the ending was really lame, unfortunately).
AKISE ARU!!!! MY DETECTIVE BOY!!! I MISS YOU, DARLING!!!! AND MY COP x TERRORIST OTP!!! KYAAAAAAAA!!! xD

[ DEFINITELY WATCHING ]
Seikai-ichi Hatsukoi Season 2
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not the type who reads yaoi... but this had been one of the exceptions (it was more of shoujo to me instead of yaoi). It's actually full of cliches... fails in so many ways ... it's typical shoujo if only the couples aren't homosexual and there aren't any sex scenes.
But... but... it was so ENTERTAINING!!! xD
ONODERA!!!! YOU AND YOUR AMUSING INNER MONOLOGUES!! CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THEM!!!!
GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!! DAMN IT!!!!!!

Fate/Zero
I am STILL not done with Fate/Stay Night, but I remember adoring it. Saber was my favorite... and also some light haired dude (I'm sorry I forgot your name ;_;)
I feared that I might not be able to watch this because I'm not yet done with the previous adaptation, but this happened to be a prequel so.. it means I can watch this before finishing the other one xD
I really can't resist medieval fantasy battles with Arthurian references... can't... can't... xD

[ CHECKING OUT ]
Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle
The artwork looks kinda unappealing but the plot intrigues me *_* It sounds like a typical school battle manga... but instead of the characters having the usual superpowers and kicking ass... the characters here are relying on their mental abilities and are solving puzzles?! PSYCHOLOGICAL SHOUNEN ME WANT!!!!

Guilty Crown
It sounded like Code Geass (with the hero's power, and him meeting a mysterious girl, then there's even a girl in a wheelchair) and I suppose that shouldn't be a surprise since I've heard that this series had the same writer....
But no matter how overdone this kind of plot is, I'm kinda attracted to stories like this (power of the king, virus, rebellion, government, etc. w00t!). I also like the mix of supernatural/fantasy and mecha.... hhhmmm... the trailer captivated me anyway, so this may turn out good.

[ MIGHT TRY ]
Persona 4: The Animation
I don't play the games, but I really loved Persona: Trinity Soul, and people say that Persona 4 is the best among the other Persona franchise, so maybe this one would be even better.
The plot intrigued me, and the trailer was so awesome. So when I found out that it has a manga adaptation, I checked it out at once~
But surprisingly.... it got me soooo BORED ;_; Well, at least the earlier chapters did. I spoiled myself on the later ones and they seem fun...
I don't know, maybe the anime will make it more interesting. It's so much my type that I'm not giving up on it yet.

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon
I like the plot, and I think the leading guy is gonna be fun. (FukuJun characters are usually fun, anyway)
But there's so many girls (not that I have a problem with the cast consisting of females... but they look so moe... I have a bad feeling). And the trailer got me soooooooooooo bored.
Ah well, Sunrise often surprises me. And some of its trainwreck series can be pretty addicting (what torture) so this might be more interesting than it seems.

Ben-To
Seeing big breasted chicks fighting each other almost got me disappointed... but knowing the plot and seeing the trailer changed my mind. It seems bizarre (fighting over a bento on sale, whut) but that's what got me so interested in it xD The promo video looked fun, so I'm hoping that it would be more entertaining than it appears.

C3
I didn't like the plot, but the trailer drew me in. It looked cool, and reminded me of "Sore wa Zombie Desu Ka" and 11 Eyes. So if there's more dark fantasy and action stuff rather than the fanservice, I'll most likely enjoy this.

Tamayura ~hitose~
Oh my god.... the plot got me soooo bored... and SLEEPY. Zzzzzzzz
But many people are looking forward to it. Perhaps it has something to do with the photography thing.... which I'm not really fond of.
But I like unusual anime... and I don't find anime about photography often... so I'm watching it for that reason. I'm hoping that I was wrong about it being boring.
These feelings reminded me of True Tears... plot got me bored, but after watching an episode I was hooked, hehe xD

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE
I like Gundam series... but this looks like a KIDDIE gundam series... and its target audience would be the likes of those who watch B-Daman and Battle Spirits.... which errr... are not my thing. (There's less violence on kiddie shows, I don't find that entertaining, LOLz)
The plot was sounds pretty Gundam though (well, there was a war), and its generation thing in the plot made it different from other Gundam series. Hmmm... it might not be as kiddie as I've feared.

Busou Shinki Moon Angel
"Moon Angel"... gah, the title got me attracted.
Well, after seeing the trailer and reading the plot... this kinda reminded me of Angelic Layer, but I think this is way more action packed.
Its episodes are gonna be short, eh? I hope those will focus on the robots in action, rather than going moe. Those parts in the trailer had been more interesting.

Chihayafuru
The manga adaptation got an award and it's not often for me to see shoujo sports manga/anime. So of course I gave it a try, and it was indeed pretty good.
But it bored me to hell. Reading it had been a pain. I have no problem in watching about sports I'm not familiar wiht (Hikaru no Go had been an addiction!!!) but my problem on this is more on the characters, I suppose. They're the type who say things like "I want to play this game FOREVER".. and that creeps me out. They're so obsessed with the sport like they've got no other life (except for romantic life, most girlie shoujo can't survive without adding romance in it story for some reason). And the recent chapters have them going emo because one of them decided to quit. Guh.
Maybe its OP theme will show me an interesting character, so that I can have a reason to watch this. But so far, I don't like it.

[ CAN'T WATCH ]
  • Bakuman 2 - I love this a lot but I couldn't even finish season 1. I'll catch up on the manga instead. (I'm so behind, gaaah)
  • Last Exile: Ginyouku no Fam - seems to be my type, but I haven't seen the prequel *sobs*
  • Working'!! - I love this series but I haven't finished season 1 so ^^;;;
  • Hunter X Hunter - I liked the previous adaptation... but this is going to be TOO LONG. I can't.
  • Shinrayuki!? Ika Musume - The previous season was okay, but it wasn't the type I'd get hooked to.

[ WON'T BOTHER ]
  • Shakugan no Shana 3 - I think I liked the first season (but I've only seen a few episodes) long ago... but I'm sure that Shana had annoyed me to bits =_= So... nah
  • Lupin II (4th TV Series) - It had been fun to watch, but it's not my type. (Kaitou KID is my favorite anime thief forever!)
  • Fujilog 2nd Season - What the hell was this?

[ INSTANTLY DROPPED ]
  • Cross Fight B-Daman - I'm not fond of this kind of kiddie show
  • Battle Spirits: Heroes - oh when is this gonna end
  • Maken-Ki! - doesn't seem to be my type of romantic comedy
  • Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukanai - the plot made me yawn
  • Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai - action was lame, and they were showing their flesh most of the time. No way.
  • Mashiro-Iro Symphony - adult romance... harem... I don't trust these things

Notes:
- images from official sites or from Chartfag