Daydream Sanctuary Features

Saturday, November 26, 2011

[ Manga Discovery + Anime Promotion] Inu x Boku S.S.

Inu x Boku Secret Service
Shirakiin Ririchiyo, a daughter of a high-class family, wants to try living independently, and be able to get along better with others. She moves into an apartment complex, called the Ayakashi Kan. Residents of that place are accompanied by a bodyguard from the Secret Service.

She didn't ask for one. She didn't see the need to.

But there was one SS agent who DESPERATELY wants to be her servant. He says that if she doesn't need him, he might as well die.

How will Riricho be able to deal with such a... DOG?

[ MANGA ]

(8 chapters read as of the date this blog entry was posted)
Mangaka: Fujiwara Cocoa
Demographic: Shounen
Publisher: Square Enix
Serialization: GANGAN Joker

[ ANIME ]

Director: Naokatsu Tsuda
Series Composition: Saizo Nemoto
Character Design & Chief Animation Director: Haruko Iizuka
Scenario & Setting Supervision: Takuya Satō
Animation Production: David Production
Broadcaster: TBS
Production: Aniplex
Rina Hidaka as Ririchiyo Shirakiin
Yūichi Nakamura as Sōshi Miketsukami

Kana Hanazawa as Karuta Roromiya
Mamoru Miyano as Zange Natsume
Takuya Eguchi as Banri Watanuki
Tomokazu Sugita as Kagerō Shōkiin
Yōko Hikasa as Nobara Yukinokōji
Yoshimasa Hosoya as Renshō Sorinozuka

POTENTIAL: B- (PRETTY GOOD!) FAVORITISM: 4.5 Hearts (ADDICTION)
WARNING: It's quite mature, because there's a character who says horny things (it's more than the boobs jokes) and... one of the characters used to be provide... you-know-what services ^^; (well, no confirmation, but it seems like it)

I adored the manga so much that I want to promote its anime adaptation as well xD It shall air early next year, and I can't wait for it *_*
I tried to make my impressions as less spoilery as possible... if ever I spill something... well, my main reason for doing would be... to get make it more interesting/attractive, haha.

Motivation: (What Made Me Check It Out)
I've actually seen this when it debuted, and liked the first chapter a lot already even though I didn't understand a thing ^^; Ahaha. Only recently I've thought of checking it out again... because its anime adaptation's gonna air soon ^^;
Curses: (What Seems to be Bad About It)
It lacks plot and anything related to it (plot development, story background, setting, story telling, pacing, flow, etc.). Seriously.
"What's with this irregular beating of my heart?"..... Pfft.
Praises: (What Seems to be Good About It)
The characters... they aren't just adorable or crazy/amusing... they're so... different yet very decent ^^
I also like it that though the heroine has a bodyguard, she is actually capable of protecting herself. She immediately earned my respect when I learned about her reaction/response when some criminal was about to harm her. Yeah, the dude came to her rescue, but she could actually take care of herself if he had let her do so ^^
I can't stop admiring the heroine... girls like her from other series are usually useless (*ehem* like the one from Hayate the Combat Butler *ehem*) I also HIGHLY DOUBT that there will be such a heroine in shoujo series (if there are, they're so few that I can count them with one hand).
Nostalgia: (What It Reminds Me of)
Kuroshitsuji (if only Sebastian is genuinely caring and Ciel more open), Shinobi Life (the loyal "bodyguard" in love with the heroine thing), Kamisama Hajimemashite (fox thing), Hana ni Arashi (the way the protagonists flirts with his beloved is as extreme as how Soushi praises his mistress xD), +C: Sword and Cornett (THAT master and servant relationship O_O So close xD), Otome Youkai Zakuro (the blonde protagonists SPARKLE a lot xD both have youkai but Zakuro's got the racial discrimination ^^;)
Bias: (What's Keeping Me Hooked to It)
Youkai stuff.... oh supernatural stuff *_* And fighter types? YES~
Different types of butlers/bodyguards (indifferent, sadistic, super duper loyal, etc.).... squee *_* My master-servant relationships... wheee xD
Adorable and crazy characters.... me like me like me like me like me like me like
Wacky gals (heroine's not exaclty wacky though) and Weirdo bishies..... *THUMBS UP*
The blonde hero acts like a faithful dog.... I LIKE DOGS


Fangirl: (What I Love in It)
KARUTA: This girl... spaces out a lot and looks innocent... but she's actually... very dangerous xD (And her relationship with Watanuki's so cute~)

NOBARA: She is a PERVERT with crazy fetishes and she's VERY BLUNT about it. LOLz

ZANGE: He says he's "average" but he admits being "meddling", wahahahaha xD It's hilarious when he tells stories/gossips about others (he does while displaying BUNNY pictures xD). He's kinda mean towards his master, quite masochistic towards his previous master, and flirts with the blonde protagonist a lot. (Reminds me so much of Grell from Kuroshitsuji, haha! Grell's way more perverted though. And unlike Sebby, Sou-tan doesn't cast Zange aside. WHEN ZANGE SAYS SOUSHI CAN HUG HIM, SOUSHI ACTUALLY SAID THAT IT WOULD BE AN HONOR. WTFLOLz)

KAGEROU: He's some masked idiot and jerk who is admittedly sadistic and is PROUD of his ability in classifying people/things as an "S" or "M" (Reminds me of Afterschool Charisma's Freud, who classified everything by gender... and his basis was something perverted xD). The things that Soushi says seem very "M", but in reality he's more of an "S", and Kagerou classifies Soushi as an "S".... perhaps his ability/talent is accurate, LOLz.

SOUSHI: The favorite, teehee xD He's so cute and cool *_* I love his other form... NINE-TAILED FOXY YAY! He also looks hott with glasses, kyaa! xD

His extreme loyalty and devotion are so ridiculous that it's so FUNNY xD His words may seem romantic but they're so exagerrated (and they're more like servant to master dialogues) that it makes the heroine disturbed.
I don't want to spoil the fun, but here's an idea of how insanely devoted he can be:
What he said about shopping with the heroine: Being able to go with Riricho-sama to buy her things is already a dream come true to me. 
What he said about the first text message he received from the heroine: I read it before I go to bed every night. 
What he said to the heroine about days without school: Sundays are amazing, aren't they? Because I can gaze at you for as long as I can.
Bwahahahahahahahahahhahahaha xD

He flatters people and smiles most of the time (some are genuine but there are many times when he lives up to the type of youkai he is: a deceiving/sly fox). I love him most when he's saying cruel things while still wearing a smile:
Wahahahahaha xD

Overall:
I find this so cute and amusing that I got hooked to it reeeeeeeeally quick xD If you look into the story too much, you might be disappointed. So just focus on the characters, they're fun~ Teeehee~


I don't need to worry about the animation because Aniplex will certainly give it justice.
David Production has awesome taste on what they adapt to anime, majority of those that they've picked so far are cool, unique, and interesting (Level E, Bantorra, DOGS, etc.). They do not rely on mainstream, they bring promising titles that lack fandom to light *_*
And the seiyuus.... Sugita Tomokazu as Kagerou? (YES! HE'LL DEFINITELY BE AS HILARIOUS, IF NOT MORE, THAN HIS MANGA COUNTERPART xD) Miyano Mamoru as Zange? (YES! I CAN ONLY IMAGINE EITHER HIM OR FUKUYAMA DOING THAT FLIRTY WEIRDO xD) Yuuichi Nakamura as Soushi? (SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)