Daydream Sanctuary Features

Thursday, November 17, 2011

[ Manga Discovery ] Zeele Sacrifice


Seikon Sacrifice
by Tenkawa Ai

[ Demographic: SHOUJO ]
A lonely girl, whose parents died in an accident years ago, meets a mysterious guy one day... calling her his sacrifice.
(5 chapters read as of the date this blog entry was posted)

POTENTIAL: D+ (DISAPPOINTING!) FAVORITISM: 1.5 Hearts (HATE)

Motivation: (What Made Me Check It Out)
*looks at the tankoubon cover and sees the heroine* Ugh, just looking at her makes me disgusted *later sees the bishies surrounding her* Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....
Curses: (What Seems to be Bad About It)
Oh gawd... after just a few pages I already wanted to strangle the heroine. An example of a useless and clueless Mary Sue. Ugh, just die.
There's too many shoujo cliches to mention... it was suffocating.
Praises: (What Seems to be Good About It)
Hmm... I suppose the story about the girl's first friend was pretty touching.
And the other main dude hasn't been the usual "I act mean but I'm actually nice" type. He has malicious intentions from the very beginning, and still does (unless he starts falling in love with her =_=)
Bias: (What's Keeping Me Hooked to It)
I really like the "sacrifice" idea... just that.
Fangirl: (What I Love in It)
For the first time, I don't like the white haired dude. O_O
I like the Shunran dude (he almost defeated the white haired dude) and also the white haired dude's assistant (who just pops out of nowhere)
Nostalgia: (What It Reminds Me of)
S.H.L. (EQUALLY ANNOYING!!!!), Kuronoa (soul/memory collecting thing)
Overall:
The girl's first friend was killed of because the mangaka is attempting to make this as tragic as possible... but the bishies have to stay... pfft.
This just sucks... all I see are stereotypes, cliches, and plot convenience (the dude just told her not to wander alone... but she just did eventually! Oh gawd, it's worse than stupid). The art isn't even that pretty.
Oh gawd, this is already so-so, but the heroine just made things ten times worse. I can't stand this.