Daydream Sanctuary Features

Friday, November 18, 2011

[ Manga Discovery ] Drug and Drop


Drug and Drop
by CLAMP

[ Demographic: SHOUNEN-AI-ISH SHOUJO ]
Continues the story of its prequel, Legal Drug, and shall focus on revealing the protagonists' pasts as well as the mystery behind the drugstore.
(1 chapter read as of the date this blog entry was posted)

POTENTIAL: B- (PRETTY GOOD!) FAVORITISM: 4 Hearts (ADORATION)

Motivation: (What Made Me Check It Out)
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE LEGAL DRUG xD One of the few CLAMP series that I actually adored. Now that CLAMP finally decided to continue it; no way I can miss this xD
Curses: (What Seems to be Bad About It)
I still do not trust CLAMP in maintaining a decent plot.
I also worry that it might focus more on the shounen-ai jokes.
And oh please, hopefully this one makes up for everything that the previous series lacked.
Praises: (What Seems to be Good About It)
Good intro of the sequel. We somehow got a quick recap of character backgrounds and personality without the need of a direct recap. It seems that the sequel's trying to focus on character development now... I really hope it will.
Bias: (What's Keeping Me Hooked to It)
The love for the prequel made me adore the sequel without thinking xD
Fangirl: (What I Love in It)
The main duo's still hilarious xD Love 'em~
Nostalgia: (What It Reminds Me of)
Legal Drug (DUH), xxxHolic (another DUH)
Overall:
It had a good start but hopefully it does make up for that looooong hiatus. It seriously needs more character development (particularly on the side characters; the main ones had it, but the others none at all) and also plot development (more things need to happen... lessen the episodic ones, please.)
I hope CLAMP won't make a wreck on this one (I am still very worried). Hopefully not another hiatus either. This is too fun to drop.