Daydream Sanctuary Features

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Supernatural: The Animation - Trailer and Stuff!


The art style was a little different from what I expected (knowing anime, it usually tends to "overbishiefy" male dudes popular to fangurls) but it's still freakin' awesome so I don't care xD


[ TRAILER ]

AWESOME!!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!!
(trailer's also available at the official site and the official twitter account)

[ DVD ]

So here's what the cover of the first box of the DVD will look like, also its contents. It will be released next year. Only the first half of the first season on this release then the later half on the second one. ANN reports that it will contain two dubbed episodes by the actual actors of the Winchester brothers. I don't know if Ackles and Padalecki and voice acting experiences, but hearing the voices of the originals in this anime adaptation would seem fun xD And most likely they'll be uttering lines that weren't in the TV series, I'm excited on how they would deliver them~
Not that I am biased on the original versions. I'm curious of how the Japanese voice actors will do them too =D Though I admit that one of my main reasons on being so excited to see it is because hearing the Winchester brothers speak in Japanese would be very amusing for me xD At least at first until I get used to it. Haha!

[ OTHERS ]

At the official site, so far only the Winchester family have profiles. I of course don't understand much of the Japanese text, but since I'm familiar with the TV series, I don't need to =P
On the staff, cast, and all, here's what's known so far (from what I have gathered):

Anime Studio: MADHOUSE (Death Note, Paprika, Vampire Hunter D, Summer Wars)
Directors: Shigeyuki Miya (Lupin III: Green vs Red, Aoi Bungaku Series, Buzzer Beater) and Atsuko Ishizuka (Aoi Bungaku Series)
VA Dean Winchester: Hiroki Touchi (Trinity Blood's Abel Nightroad, Bokurano's Kokkpelli)
VA Sam Winchester: Yuya Uchida (Soul Eater's Dr. Franken Stein, Naruto Shippūden's Rinji)
VA John Winchester: Takaya Hashi (D. Gray-man's Froi Tiedoll, Rainbow - Nisha Rokubō no Shichinin's Sasaki)
VA Mary Wnchester: Mabuki Andou (Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit's Balsa, Resident Evil: Degeneration's Angela Miller)

2011 IS TAKING SO LONG!!!! I WANNA SEE ANIME DEAN AND SAMMY ASAP xD IT LOOKS SO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!


Sources:
~ Anime News Network
~ Supernatural: The Animation Official Website