Daydream Sanctuary Features

Friday, December 18, 2009

Hunted: The Guardians


The Guardians (or The Guardians of Childhood) is an upcoming animated comedy film based on the forthcoming books by William Joyce, distributed by DreamWorks Animation and Paramount Pictures. The film will feature some of the crew from Watchmen. The producers are Christina Steinberg and Nancy Bernstein. Music is handled by Ben Folds and John Powell. Visual effects artist and animator Jeff Lynch makes his feature directorial debut in this film.
The animated film is being described as "a contemporary fairytale based on existing fairytale characters". Here's the plot:
When an evil spirit called Pitch becomes bent upon taking over the world by inspiring fear in the hearts of kids everywhere, a group of our greatest heroes—North (aka Santa), Bunnymund the Easter Bunny, Tooth the Tooth Fairy, Sandy the Sandman and Jack Frost—band together for the first time, determined to stand in Pitch’s way. More than a collection of storybook subjects, “The Guardians” are also a band of superheroes, who possess their own special powers. Now joined in opposition of a common foe, the Guardians heed the call and combine their powers to defeat Pitch and protect the world from his campaign of fear.

The first book has a tentative release date of December 2010. The Guardians movie is set for a November 2, 2012 release (I see some sources that the release would be in November 4, 2011 though, the earlier the better.)

The articles are so emphasizing the news of Leonardo di Caprio making his animation debut in this film . . . but honestly, I don't care much on which celebrities they put in this. As long as the animation looks promising (art on Jack Frost looks great . . . AND NOT TO MENTION HE'S SO CUTE!!! Hehehe . . . but he looks pretty familiar . . .) . . . and hopefully it will be in excellent quality, I believe this will be a great movie! What made me more excited for this movie is because of the plot and cast! I absolutely love fairy tales! I like unique re-imaginations of popular fairy tale characters! And I'm happy that this is described as an animated COMEDY film. Oh I like the combination of fantasy and comedy very much~ I certainly hope this will be able to entertain me as I expect it will~

I'm so watching out for more news related to this~ I also hope a trailer or something will be out soon. And why is its release so far away . . . *sobs* The picture book's coming next year though. I'm pretty tempted to buy it . . . hopefully it won't be that expensive *isn't really the type who buys picture books*


Credits/Sources:
- /film - link 1, link 2
- Wikipedia