Daydream Sanctuary Features

Friday, April 2, 2010

Movie Review: Eden of the East: King of Eden


Animation Production: Production I.G. | Director and Screenplay: Kenji Kamiyama
The story continues where it left off from the Eden of the East TV series, and brings Morimi Saki back to the USA in order to find Takizawa Akira. The other Selecao however are actively moving to take part in the game, and a few in particular are making dangerous moves in order to eliminate Takizawa or move towards their picture of a better Japan.
[ OVERALL IMPRESSIONS ]


The animation quality in the movie seems to be just the same as the TV series... or perhaps the animation in the TV series had been more amazing to me because it had featured incredible stunts and even surreal events. This movie focused on realism instead, and I have no complains because how well the movie had portrayed that.... at least on most of the parts. I thought since Akira's in New York, he'll be speaking in English but he didn't have trouble in communicating with an American when he spoke in Japanese... with an exception of two english words: "terrorist" and "bomb". Ah well, maybe those keywords and his expressions are enough for one to get what he meant, but that doesn't explain how he had gotten information from the personnel in the taxi company.

Anyway, speaking of Akira, we're back with Akira and amnesia again inded, but at least he was given an identity now... and being the prime minister's successor does make him Japan's King if his wish does get granted. It's still a mystery for me (or is this a plot hole?) on how he managed to be in the place where he and Saki are supposed to meet at such proper timing even though he got his memories erased. Unless No. 6 had something to do about it.... but I kind of doubt. And about No. 6... he's a creepy p0rn lover... but he ships Akira x Saki. I don't know what to think about him. I see him as someone amusing but an ass at the same time. Haha!

Now about the love story, Akira and Saki's reunion had been really wonderful~ The power of true love~ Haha! Oh I really find it romantic that the movie plot that Akira remembers is actually his and Saki's story~ Daaaaw~ Akira's being her prince charming again by helping her out even though he doesn't recognize her.... yet he's holding her hand xD And my favorite moment has to be part when they rode the carousel together:


I love carousels. Explains why I love the scene so much. Ohohohoho. This series got my attention because I saw the series poster/ad with the two of them riding on one in the first place!!

Now about the other characters, I was so impressed at first that they're now running a company that could actually support Akira.... but in the end they had to shut it down... making them not that helpful again. But still, I'm happy they've outgrown their NEET status... at least most of them. Having work has its value. There can be troubles, yes, but you can't depend on your parents for long. The movie even showed an example of that... with the news of tax on inheritances. It's still unfair though, but reality is cruel.

What I enjoyed most in the series are the bizarre events (they are so creative! I love 'em!!!).... what I enjoyed in both is the comedy (side characters are very perverted xD)....

What I enjoyed most in the movie is the love story (For someone who's tired of cliche, I'm actually fond of destiny/fate stuff. Ehehehe)...

SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! =3

And this character:

She's so HOTT!!!! I doubt my sexuality every time I see her And she's on Akira's side and even said that she has been like his guardian angel. Hahahha! OH I LOVE NO.11!!!! *_*

Anyway, the end of this movie was once again a cliffhanger.... things that are left hanging will get revealed in the sequel..... and I'm actually already spoiled on it O_O I like and don't like it.... uuuuggghh.... I'll see it first before making more reactions.

4 comments:

Omari's Sister said...

We just got it & we're excited to see it.

7tavern admin said...

Hi,

We've browsed through your reviews and thought that they are really original and interesting! We would like to invite you to publish your reviews on 7tavern.com, which provides an alternative platform for promising movie reviewers to showcase their talents. In addition, you'll find a growing community of bloggers who share the same passion for excellent movies! Based on the merit of your reviews, we intend to offer you exclusive publishing privileges on our website!

Cheers,
7tavern Team
admin@7tavern.com

tanya-lilac said...

Hahaha I just watched it today - it was so good!!! That carousel moment was spectacular, I was squeeing and making a fuss.

But about his convenient appearance at the bridge, Akira said that there was a plot from a movie that he couldn't remember the name of, where a man and a woman had been separated. The only clue they had to find each other was a photo they had taken, with Ground Zero in the background, and they were reunited. He went to Brooklyn every day to try and remember the name of the film, but after seeing Saki, he realised that it was his real life.

Oh, and Akira's 'I'm speaking Japanese but people manage to understand me' thing did happen in the first episode of the series, first when he asked a fellow tenant where lived, and second when he was talking to the police officer (although when she asked,"Are you two Japanese?", I thought it would end up being a dead giveaway).

Also, Juiz seems to have a lot more personality in the movie! Maybe it's got something to do with the fact that she's always on the move (at least, that's what I thought was in the trucks), but I only really remember her adding a bit of spice to the, "May you continue being a ~ Messiah." lines she had in the TV show.

Sapphire Pyro said...

@ K3
Hope you guys enjoy the movie~

@ tanya-lilac
"about his convenient appearance at the bridge..."
=== Was it mentioned that he visited everyday? If so, just knowing that would've already cleared things up for me. My memory fails =_=

"Akira's 'I'm speaking Japanese but people manage to understand me' thing "
=== I do remember it happening in the series but... the conversations aren't as long as this movie's x_x So it's weird

About Juiz, the movie made her less computerish... and well, it's revealed that she really isn't anywayz... since there had been a number of Juiz. All Juizs are awesome xD

Post a Comment