Daydream Sanctuary Features

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mawaru Penguindrum - Episode 9

(First time we see Himari in costume but not in Princess of the Crystal mode xD)
It might not be as wacky or as action-packed as the earlier episodes, but this has been the most mind-boggling and amazing episode so far *_*



[ RANDOM THOUGHTS ]
I was already spoiled about the identity of the girls hanging out with Himari in the ED theme. I prefer the idea of the two being just the female versions of the Takakura twins though, haha! It makes me giggle so much xD

I only thought that the ED theme just shows a what-if scenario of Himari getting to join her idols. Then when the idea of the two girls being the twins was shared to me, I started to enjoy fantasizing about it! Haha! Imagining the twins having sailormoon-like transformations to turn into girls cracked me up so much, bwahaha!


I'm happy that those two girls weren't just Himari's idols. It's really sad that Himari doesn't get to be with them... they're such wonderful friends. Hopefully they hadn't changed even after they've become popular (in case they meet again in person), or else that would be just TOO cruel for Himari ;_;

There hadn't been much of Himari in the earlier episodes, while this one is all about her. What a creative way to show her past... it's not yet certain if everything in this episode was what happened in the first one... the part of when Himari says goodbye to her brothers wasn't shown here. I'm reeeeeeeally curious about that part.

Wow, it looks like Himari isn't "just a vessel". She's a Bride, and not just any bride. Perhaps Sanetoshi is a personification of fate or something... that would've made me more convinced if he opened a book telling events of things that have not yet happened.


Himari might've had flaws, but overall she's still a very kindhearted young girl. Being so loving despite of all the sad things that might've happened to her... that might have something to do of why fate has chosen her. Unlike her brothers, she seems to be a believer of fate... but not as obsessive as Ringo.

Himari having a soulmate intrigued me. I thought she's being paired up with Sanetoshi (I assume he has a love/hate relationship with her, haha), or either of the twins (her name, title, and other alias had connections to Kanba and Shouma's names). So if there's another boy... then that means another character... another bishie... and maybe he'll show up on a new OP theme, if there's going to be any. I look forward to that *_*

Speaking of bishies and the OP theme, Sanetoshi is such an interesting guy... Oh I'm curious to his connection with the Princess of the Crystal. Hopefully he'll show up in the real world soon. The librarian uniform doesn't suit him though, haha. Maybe he has other flashy outfits.

This is quite a disturbing episode by the way... way scarier than Ringo's stalker acts. Kids thinking of killing a fish and making someone drink its blood is quite... barbaric. And there's a child broiler room.... a f*cking-child-BROILER room.... my god. Also, the way their mother looked when she asked Himari to see her daughter's face freaked me out.

It also had references on a tragedy that occurred in Japan in the past. Joojoobees has already pointed out many of them. And the library that Himari went to made a list of social sins. Looks like this series is way deeper than I expected.


[ FANSERVICE FOR ME ]
Episode 1 flashback aside, the twins didn't show up in this episode. We get to see them as kids again though, and I'm satisfied with that (it's better than no new scene of the two!)

It's my boys watching TV... wait, that looks like a historical drama? You two have pretty strange tastes, hehe.

My dear Shouma

And my dear Kanba

A touching family moment.
(What's with their parents and mirrors?! Their dad was also hit by something made of glass last time, if I remember correctly. I wonder if Shouma also needed some rescuing as a kid.)

The very sad scene from that episode...

The scene before the boys realized that their beloved sister's back.

But they don't need to worry about Himari anymore. The one in trouble right now is MY SHOUMA!!!! DAMN IT!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM??? MAKING ME WAIT FOR MORE DAYS???  
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
SHOUMA HAS TO BE ALRIGHT! SHOUMA HAS TO BE ALRIGHT! SHOUMA HAS TO BE ALRIGHT! SHOUMA HAS TO BE ALRIGHT! SHOUMA HAS TO BE ALRIGHT! SHOUMA HAS TO BE ALRIGHT! SHOUMA HAS TO BE ALRIGHT!