Daydream Sanctuary Features

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

[ Manga Discovery ] Necromancer


Necromancer
by Soga Shina

[ Demographic: SHOUNEN ]
Your wish of a dead love one to be brought back to life can be granted by the Necromancer in Slum Street, provided that you make a contract with him.
(4 chapters read as of the date this blog entry was posted)

POTENTIAL: A- (AMAZING!) FAVORITISM: 4 Hearts (ADORATION)

Motivation: (What Made Me Check It Out)
THAT. TITLE. Oh yes =3
Curses: (What Seems to be Bad About It)
The regular pages aren't as cool as the illustrations on the covers T_T I don't think the awkward looks of some panels has anything to do with art style T_T
The heroine might become a problem if she continues that "I think you're a fraud but I have no proof though I sorta believe you after I saw it with my own eyes though" attitude.
Praises: (What Seems to be Good About It)
It's as dark and as chilling as it appears! *_* It can be frightening, heartbreaking, and at times pretty funny. Each tale has been very remarkable and intriguing.
It had great plot twists too! The storytelling's really fantastic~
Bias: (What's Keeping Me Hooked to It)
I'm a sucker for dark tales involving bring the dead back "to life" *_* And it even added some religious references, yay =3
Fangirl: (What I Love in It)
I think my potential favorite hasn't shown up yet... but so far I like Necromancer-san~
Nostalgia: (What It Reminds Me of)
Ability Shop (supernatural shop will do you special service, but you don't exactly get what you ordered) xxxHolic (supernatural shop as well, but it's not psychological like necromancer, neither is it as dark)
Overall:
A very intriguing manga consisting of dark tales involving human resurrection. Not only is it supernaturally horrifying, but it's psychologically disturbing as well. Miserable ends are expected on something so dark, but at times it could end bittersweet.
Each story had been excellently written... surprisingly the episodic characters got more depth compare to the main ones. Haha. It's cool for the hero to remain mysterious for now... save the best for last~