Daydream Sanctuary Features

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

[ Manga Discovery ] Scarlet Prince


Scarlet Prince (Hiiro Ouji)
by Murasaki Midori

[ Demographic: SHOUJO ]
Mana, an exorcist, was assigned to capture a vampire living among humans on a certain school. But the vampire turns out to be... harmless! What's an exorcist to do?
(Prologue + 1 chapter read as of the date this blog entry was posted)

POTENTIAL: B- (PRETTY GOOD!) FAVORITISM: 3.5 Hearts (LOVE)

Motivation: (What Made Me Check It Out)
Prince *_*
Curses: (What Seems to be Bad About It)
The heroine sickens me. She's a useless tsundere. Exorcist my ass... she was blushing (the "Kyaaa, why am I feeling this way. This is a strange feeling. I don't know why but my heart beats fast" way. Guh.) when her blood is being taken! Ugh, she's too pathetic.
Praises: (What Seems to be Good About It)
A vampire who proudly tells the others about his real nature, and he's doing the artificial method of food intake because he likes the normal human life... not because of the usual "he fell in love with the heroine" or "he doesn't want to become a monster" thing.
Bias: (What's Keeping Me Hooked to It)
The bishie with a bucket = WIN (bwahahahhahha xD)
Fangirl: (What I Love in It)
The hero's so cute. And his personality changes depending on the blood type he gets? I look forward to that xD
By the way, the vampire didn't do natural blood intake in the first chapter by sucking it... but by LICKING it instead, bwahahaha xD
Nostalgia: (What It Reminds Me of)
I know I've encountered an epic fail monster-hunting heroine before... but I can't remember =_= I think it was shounen
Overall:
This has been one of the most amusing and refreshing series (with a vampire for a main character) I've ever read. Not to mention it isn't even angsty!!! O_O I can't wait for the antagonist/s to show up... things will definitely get even more interesting when that happens~

Honestly, everything in it would've been fun and great if it weren't for the leading girl (she's the "stereotype" and the main cause of the "cliche" scenarios). Oh well, I'll try my best to ignore her. I don't wanna miss all the fun~