Daydream Sanctuary Features

Monday, October 24, 2011

[ Manga Discovery ] SERVAMP


SERVAMP
by Tanaka Strike

[ Demographic: SHOUJO-ISH SHOUNEN ]
Mahiro hates being in troublesome situation... but he totally didn't expect that picking up a kitty and naming it would give him lots of what he hates the most. But it's already too late, for the both of them..... since the contract has been sealed.
(1 chapter read as of the date this blog entry was posted)

POTENTIAL: B (NICE!) FAVORITISM: 4.5 Hearts (ADDICTION)

Motivation: (What Made Me Check It Out)
*sees Kuro (dude with silver/white hair)* My type... shet.
Damn you silver haired bishies.
Curses: (What Seems to be Bad About It)
The time when the magician went berserk (after he said that he didn't like being ignored, because I liked that part, LOLz) and has been doing the background information regarding Kuro's nature.... sucked a lot. That was just too random.
Praises: (What Seems to be Good About It)
Master and servant relationship between a human and a vampire... that isn't a shoujo supernatural romance!!! I don't find much of these lately....
I am really loving how it's connecting the bloodsucking monsters with religious/mythological references =3
A hero, who doesn't have supernatural abilities, managed to do something ON HIS OWN. That is so... something!
Bias: (What's Keeping Me Hooked to It)
Seven Deadly Sins. Shet....
Action-packed vampire series.... YESSSSSSSSS. If not killer vampires, I prefer the fighting ones (not the super angsty or slutty ones =_=)
Fangirl: (What I Love in It)
KURO!!!!! HE'S SO ADORABLE!!!!! HE'S MINE!!!!!!! xD
PUNKASS LAZY VAMPIRE GOING NYAA EVEN IN SERIOUS MODE!!! LOLz!!! I'M SO AMUSED!!!
AND I KNOW I'M ALSO GOING TO LOVE HIS BROTHERS. I KNOW.
Nostalgia: (What It Reminds Me of)
En Passant (similar gloomy laidback attitude of the silver haired bishies. In Servamp, "he'd rather die", while in En Passant, "he wants to die". Haha,) Kuroshitsuji (both pretyt dark and... the magician reminded me of Grell for some reason, ahaha), Amatsuki (Mahiru's situation is kinda similar to Toki's... children with "unreliable" but cool guardians), 07-Ghost (that master-and-servant relationship... kinda like Frau and Teito xD Must've been the because of the "cannot separate" thing xD)
Overall:
It may be following shounen formula, but nothing (or not much) in it is (that) typical/cliche or stereotypical, from what I think and have seen so far.
The characters are fun (well, I find Kuro's constant lazyass complains very adorable xD Haha!) and the story's pretty interesting. Artwork's very cool too *_* Reading this makes me so hyper, I'm so hooked to it xD