Daydream Sanctuary Features

Monday, September 21, 2009

Manga Discovery: Seitokai no Ichizon


Seitokai no Ichizon
(Student Council's Discretion)
by AOI Sekina, INUGAMI Kira, and 10mo
Hekiyou Private Academy's student council members are decided through what basically is a popularity contest. Since good looking girls are admired by both sexes, unlike boys, the student council room became known as paradise. As the pillar of the student council, Sugisaki Ken seeks to create his own bishoujo harem due to his love of girls. (Baka-Updates)

It's one of the titles that's getting an anime adaptation this upcoming season. So even if the plot is totally not my type (I'm really tired of student council crap), I still gave it a try for me to decide whether the anime is worth checking out or not.

And it turned out to be WORSE than I've imagined it to be.



I don't see any plot in this; it's just all about a bunch of pretty people, mostly females, that became student council members only because they're admired by the majority. The leading guy got in because he had the highest score in an exam, but his true goal isn't to serve the school, but to have the student council as his harem and he has a lot of perverted thoughts towards them. Meh.

It tries to be funny with its jokes and parodies and all . . . but they didn't make me laugh. I admit that the leading guy's dramatic speeches had been pretty amusing, but most of the time the chapter just made me go "wtf?!" or "duh...". It's nice that the leading females aren't 100% stereotypical, but none still appealed to me.

The art is okay, but it's not pretty enough to make me biased to it. Ah well, story matters more to me. Or at least the characters should be likeable to me. However, this series didn't get me entertained at all. Dropped.

But if you just want to see some bishoujo and also some ecchi fanservice thanks to the leading guy's fantasies, then you may enjoy this. You shouldn't care much about the plot either. Then have fun~ Just leave me out. This isn't my thing.


READ: 3 chapters out of 1 scanlated chapters (and 2 raws) of an ongoing series.
VERDICT: Dropped. Totally.
I don't think I would like this because of the student council crap. But I still gave it a try. Who knows, it might turn out to be interesting~
However, it was worse than I expected. I don't see a story and there's some ecchi fanservice. This is too ridiculous for me. I won't bother to check out the anime anymore.