Daydream Sanctuary Features

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Season Preview: Fall 2009 Anime Series

Photobucket
Sorry if it took us long, but finally here's our line-up + impressions of the upcoming Fall 2009 season! There are some new series and sequels. Some have been interesting, while some don't seem that appealing. This post consist of our initial impressions on each series, and also those what we may think of blogging.

Shin Koihime Musou
Photobucket
Continuing the series, the franchise based off the prequel eroge game re-imagines the classic Chinese historical novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms (Sangokushi) as a “moe (fiery), moe (preciously cute) action love comedy” with an almost all-female cast.

Sapphire Pyro says:
I've seen a few episodes of the prequel and . . . It was okay. Even if it has shoujo-ai stuff. But . . . Hhhmmm . . . It's not the type of series I'll get addicted to. I doubt I would bother to marathon the prequel anytime soon, so I'm not watching this sequel either.

xtine06 says:

Another series whose prequel I haven't watched so I will skip this one too.

ninjovee says:

I… do not know anything of this anime except that there's an awesome Kanu figure for sale a while back. LOL ^^; I'll have to watch the prequel first before watching the sequel.

Shugo Chara Party!
Photobucket
Every child has an egg in their heart, unseen at first, an egg with the would-be self of their dreams. Hinamori Amu, part of a group called the Guardians, protect those eggs from becoming x-eggs, eggs filled with resentment and resignation that gives children troubles. Amu's job is to capture and restore x-eggs to their orginal form. She does this with the help of her three Shugo Chara (guardian characters or her would be selves), Ran, Miki and Su. Thanks to them she can change her character and abilities, and so fight against the mysterious organization Easter which aim is to find a special egg called Embryo using the x-eggs.

Sapphire Pyro says:
NO WAY!!!! I liked the manga but the anime's rich with ridiculous fillers that I can't stand it anymore!!! END ALREADY DAMN IT!!!! STOP THE MAGICAL GIRL CRAP!!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

xtine06 says:

I haven't watched the prequel so like the others, I won't bother watching this one.

ninjovee says:

I haven't read/watched Shugo Chara… but I have a feeling this is like Naruto and Bleach -- all trying to get the most number of anime episodes there is ><;

Sora no Otoshimono
Photobucket
Based on Suu Minazuki’s “heartful comedy” manga series Sora no Otoshimono (”Lost Property of the Sky”). The series relays the story of a middle school boy who encounters an attractive female angel that literally falls out of the sky.

Sapphire Pyro says:
I've read the manga and the story actually had potential but . . . Most of the time the events had been crap. I don't like the stereotypes and ecchi fanservice in this series but I admit that I've found them hilarious. Hehe. And I like my OTP!!! (They don't look that great in their anime versions, damn). I only care about my OTP!!! I will only watch scenes with my OTP!!!! That is all.

xtine06 says:

Hmm….sound and looks interesting. The plot reminds me of Ah! My Goddess but I think this one would be far from what Ah!My Goddess reached. Anyway, I think this is worth a try.

ninjovee says:

This looks like a harem anime based from an eroge… is it? y/y? Not interested in following this series

Tentai Senshi Sunred: 2nd Season
Photobucket
Tentai Senshi Sunred is a powerful, battle tested hero of many years. He has sold his super bike, which is seen in the opening credits. Now he smokes a lot, is effectively unemployed, and lives by the grace of his girlfriend, Kayoko Uchida. His arch enemies in the Evil Florsheim Army are still trying to take over the world. Under the direction of their local leader, Vamp, they help members of the community, run a cooking show, assist Kayoko Uchida whenever possible, and try to attack the ever powerful Sunred. All in all, a light parody of the Japanese hero genera.

Sapphire Pyro says:
I'I saw a few episodes of the previous season, and it was pretty funny . . . But over all dumb/dull/whatever. It's not my kind of gag series, so I don't think I'll bother to watch more of it.

xtine06 says:

Not really my type plus it's the 2nd season..I haven't watched the first so this another no,no,no.

ninjovee says:

Uh. Characters in art giving me brain damage. *avoids*

The Sacred Blacksmith
Photobucket
The story takes place after an abominable war that foisted a "devil's contract" upon a land. Cecily Campbell, a former noble's daughter who joined a knighthood, encounters a man who dispatches some hoodlums with one sweep of a mysterious sword. The man possesses the power of the same "devil's contract" that has become taboo, now that peace has been restored. Cecily has been searching for a blacksmith who can repair an old sword she inherited from her father, and that mysterious young man happens to be blacksmith named Luke. This encounter launches their adventures together.

Sapphire Pyro says:
The story seemed interesting . . . And I'm a sucker for fantasy stuff with the devil's contract thing. But I usually don't last long on this kind of fantasy series (like with Tears to Tiara, Druaga, etc.) and only the leading guy's my type here. But well, I'm still checking it out~

xtine06 says:

Another fantasy series for the season! I will be checking this one. This looks interesting and worth to watch.

ninjovee says:

Looking into it… but the plotline sounds too cliché

Yumeiro Pâtissière
Photobucket
Adaptation of Natsumi Matsumoto’s shoujo manga Yumeiro Patissiere (Dream-Colored Pastry Chef). The manga, which premiered in September 2008, tells the story of 14 year old Ichigo Amano, a clumsy girl who dreams of becoming a pastry chef. She draws closer to fulfilling her dream when she enrolls in the St. Mary Academy culinary school and meets a tiny “spirit of sweets.”

Sapphire Pyro says:
I love baking stuff but . . . This seems to be one of those typical reverse harem shoujo that I despise a lot. And I'm very very very sure that I'm gonna hate the leading girl. Ah well, I might watch out of curiosity. I don't think I'll last long, especially if it is indeed as crappy as it seemed to me at first impression.

xtine06 says:
Another fantasy series for the season! I will be checking this one. This looks interesting and worth to watch.

ninjovee says:

Does the spirit of sweets refer to the cute boys in her background? If so..I am checking this one out!

Miracle Train: Ouedo-sen e Youkoso
Photobucket
Adaptation of the Miracle Train multi-media franchise that depicts stops on Tokyo’s Chou commuter train line as handsome young men.

Sapphire Pyro says:

II like anthromorphisms (Hetalia's my numero uno after all) but, come on, trains?! I don't know much about Japan's trains so I doubt I can relate. And even if I like bishies, none of them have appealed to me at first impression. But hhhmm . . . I'll watch it out of curiosity though.

xtine06 says:
I really don't get the summary. What's the relationship of cute guys and train and communting??! I will be checking this one out of curiosity.

ninjovee says:

Hmm. This is… interesting. I might check this out

Natsu no Arashi 2
Photobucket
Continuation of the first season of Natsu no Arashi. Thirteen-year-old Yasaka is a boy staying at his grandfather’s house during his summer vacation. One day he entered a store and met Arashi, a beautiful sixteen-year old girl working there. After trying to protect her from a man who claims to have been hired by her family to take her back by force, Yasaka ran away with her and now she stays at his grandpa’s place with him. It didn’t take much time for Yasaka to figure out that his new friend is far from an ordinary girl, as she possesses mysterious powers. The plot thickens when he finds a sixty-year-old picture of Arashi and another girl named Kaja, and to the surprise of all Kaja suddenly appears, and just like Arashi, her appearance hasn’t changed at all since then.

Sapphire Pyro says:
I didn't like the first few episodes much, but from spoilers it seemed that things got interesting later. I'll marathon the prequel someday, and might watch this sequel if I had liked it.

xtine06 says:
Again, I missed the prequel so I will be missing this one.

ninjovee says:
Weird plotline is weird. I need to look at the prequel first though

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza
Photobucket
A continuation of Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu. In the story, Yuuto Ayase is an ordinary boy in an private high school with the usual cliques. Haruka, the school’s most unattainable girl, is so idolized in the school for both her beauty and smarts that her classmates nickname her Nuit Étoile (The Silver Star of the Night) and Lumière du Clavier (The Shining Princess on the Piano). However, in the school’s library, Yūto stumbles across her and her darkest secret — she is a diehard fan of anime, manga, and otaku culture.

Sapphire Pyro says:
I haven't seen the prequel . . . And the plot's not my type. If I happened to give the prequel a chance and ended up loving it, then I may watch this. But . . . It doesn't seem likely.

xtine06 says:
I haven't watched the first season so I will pass on this one.

ninjovee says:
I haven't seen the prequel yet… but this seems interesting. I might take a look at the prequel if there are still any torrents around

Nyan Koi!
Photobucket
Junpei Kōsaka is a second-year high school student who despises cats and has an allergy to them. It just so happens that his high school crush is Kaede Mizuno, a girl who adores cats. One day, while walking home from school, Junpei kicks an empty can and unfortunately beans the local neko-jizō-sama (guardian deity of cats). He finds he can now understand what cats are saying, including his family’s own ill-tempered cat, Nyamusasu. However, if he does not grant 100 wishes from cats, he will turn into cat himself.

Sapphire Pyro says:
I'm more of a dog person . . . And the plot sounded stupid, so I didn't expect myself to appreciate it. But after reading a few chapters of the manga, it turns out to be pretty entertaining~ I like this series and definitely reading more of the manga but . . . I'm not sure about the anime . . .

xtine06 says:
A very unique plot (again). This series seems to be promising for the fall season so I will give this one a shot.

ninjovee says:
The plotline sounds entertaining. I think I'm going to take a look into this series

Queen's Blade: Heir to the Throne
Photobucket
Based on a game by Hobby Japan (New psp one comes out this year!)

Sapphire Pyro says:
I didn't bother to watch the prequel because it's just too perverted for me (I see it as hentai damnit!). Such things do not please me so I don't see the point of bothering to watch its sequel.

xtine06 says:
Hentai + Unwatched prequel = NO NO for the fall season.

ninjovee says:
QB figures are lovely. The anime sucks -- especially Leina -- I didn't even finish the first season. That's all I have to say.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Photobucket
A Chinese-Japanese anime adaptation of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms novel classic.

Sapphire Pyro says:
I like historical series but this one seems really really boring. And I don't have much background on the original material, so I doubt I can relate. I don't think I'll appreciate this ^^;

xtine06 says:
Since I had experience on playing this game, I am really interested about this. I know this is another historical plot and might be boring but I do hope that my gaming background is enough for me appreciate this series.

ninjovee says:
Meh. I've seen the live action version of this (though I didn't understand a thing) I don't really think I'll watch this.

Sasameki Koto
Photobucket
Murasame Sumika is popular in the high school for her excellence in the marks and sports. However, she has a secret: she is in love with her classmate Kazama Ushio. Ushio also has a liking to the love between girls, but she hasn’t noticed Sumika’s feeling and always been refused by other girls.

Sapphire Pyro says:
Shoujo-ai isn't my thing. I don't find anything interesting in the plot even if I put that aside. So I doubt I'll even appreciate this.

xtine06 says:
I realized after watching Aoi Hana that Shoujo-ai is not my type too. So I will drop this from my watchlist.

ninjovee says:
why does the megane girl look like the megane girl in Aoi Hana? Just wondering… I don't really find it interesting, so I'll most likely skip this

Seitokai no Ichizon
Photobucket
The members of the student council of Hekiyou Gakuen are chosen by a popularity vote. As a result, all the members are cute girls except for Sugizaki Ken, who studied hard to enter the council. This novel is about the endless chattering of the members with full of parodies of “The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya”, “Dragon Ball” etc.

Sapphire Pyro says:
I liI read the first chapter, and it was student council crap with more pervertedness. The leading guy has ecchi and harem fantasies while the girls around him are a bunch of stereotypes. I don't find it funny. I don't think I need to bother watching the anime.

xtine06 says:
I am actually 50/50 on watching this series. It's Studio Deen and I am interested to the parodies but since Sapphy has already checked the manga and she said that there's ecchi and harem involved, I am not sure about this anymore.

ninjovee says:
Meh. There are no other words.

Asura Cryin' 2
Photobucket
The second season of Asura Cryin’. Tomoharu is a normal high school student… except for he’s not alone. Haunted by the ghost of his dead childhood best friend, he moves into a new home in time for the new school year. That becomes a little more difficult than anticipated when his house becomes overrun with various female occult users. Even worse than that he has been pulled into a fight to protect a trunk within the house that others want to steal.

Sapphire Pyro says:
he prequel was a great disappointment. It had potential but it had become so crappy and fanservicey that I couldn't take it anymore. So nah, I won't bother to watch this sequel.

xtine06 says:
I skipped the prequel so I cannot watch this one. So pass.

ninjovee says:
Haven't watched the prequel yet… so I won't be able to follow this one for now.

Darker Than Black: Gemini of the Falling Star
Photobucket
Hei and Yin are now on the run after betraying the Syndicate in the previous season. After leaving Japan, Hei encounters Suou Pavlichenko, a 13 year old Eurasian girl who becomes embroiled in the war and politics of the various factions and Contractors vying for power. Meanwhile, Hell's Gate remains standing in Tokyo, after Hei's efforts to stop the Saturn Ring anti-Gate particle weapon from activating. Although Contractors are safe from the danger of having their existences erased, this does not prevent new and old Contractors from abusing their powers. As Misaki Kirihara and her team in the Public Security Bureau deal with the increasing Contractor cases, she also has to keep the Syndicate at bay, who has major positions in the Japanese police and intelligence bureaus around the world.

Sapphire Pyro says:
I love Darker Than Black but if the sequel's going to focus on that girl (which I don't like already) instead of Hei and Yin, THAT JUST SUCKS!!! I'll only be watching because I think some characters from the previous will definitely show up here 9Hei with long hair, eh? xD). I don't think I'll tune in to this every week though.

xtine06 says:
This is one the surest parfait that I will be offering this new season!!! I am waiting for this for a very long time and now it has finally come!!! I will be faithfully tuning to this every week.

ninjovee says:
Haven't watched the prequel yet… so I won't be able to follow this one for now.

Fairy Tail
Photobucket
Story follows a teenaged girl named Lucy Heartfilia who aims to join the world's most notorious mage guild, Fairy Tail. During a daring rescue, Lucy encounters Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel, a quirky Fairy Tail member and a teenaged practitioner of the ancient Dragon Slayer magic. Lucy is eventually welcomed into the Fairy Tail guild as she, Natsu, and other members go on various quests together.

Sapphire Pyro says:
I love Fairy Tail!!!! I've been hooked to the manga; but I'm no longer updated recently. I really can't keep up on looooooooong mainstream shounen ^^; I'm sure this anime adaptation will have maaaaaaaaany episodes, and I doubt I can tune in to all of them. But I really love the seiyuu cast and the animation seems great! I might not be able to watch all episodes, but I'll certainly check out some of them, especially my favorite arcs~ (Gray and Erza FTW!)

xtine06 says:
I thought that these would be a girly and shoujo anime. But after checking the picture, I stand corrected. This alone aroused my interest to check out this one ^^

ninjovee says:
Haven't watched Fairy Tail yet, might give it a shot.

Inuyasha: Final Act
Photobucket
It’s the final chapter of the Inuyasha series titled “InuYasha Kanketsu-hen” and the original staff and cast will animate the manga volumes 36 – 56.

Sapphire Pyro says:
I like Inuyasha but . . . .I'm no hardcore fan. I've seen the movies but I won't bother to watch all the episodes that have aired and neither will I bother to read all those chapters! I've read the ending though, so I already know what's gonna happen anyway. In short, I like this series but I'm tired of seeing more of it.

xtine06 says:
Im no hardcore fan of Inuyasha but for the sake of finishing the series..I will be watching this one. This might fall in my 2nd or 3rd or even lower priority though.

ninjovee says:
I love Inuyasha, but the anime has too many fillers and I'm pretty much lost as to what happened already. I'll try to read the manga instead.

11 eyes
Photobucket
Satsuki Kakeru lost his sister by suicide and has been living a dull life ever since then. One day, he is transported into a bizarre world "Red Night" along with his friend Minase Yuka. In order to survive and escape from Red Night, he fights against Dark Spirits (Ralva) and Black Nights.

Sapphire Pyro says:
It seems awesome and it reminds me of Chaos; Head. I hope the story's decent and there are a lot of bloody stuff. I already like the eyepatched bishie xD Wheeee! Hehe~

xtine06 says:
A very interesting plot. I think this is worth my try since the animation looks good and nice. I just hope that the story would be decent and could live up to my expectations.

ninjovee says:
This seems interesting, although a little cliché as well. I'll look into the first episode and we'll see from there.

Anyamaru Tantei Kiruminzuu
Photobucket

Sapphire Pyro says:
Lolis in animal cosplay? Pass. I'm not fond of lolis anyway.

xtine06 says:
INot my type. I will be passing this one.

ninjovee says:
Cute lolis are cute. But cute lolis are not enough for me to watch a series

A Certain Scientific Railgun
Photobucket
Academy City. 2.3 million inhabitants. 80% of the students are active in the ‘Brain Development Program’ and out of those only 7 are Level 5s.

Meet the civilian protagonist Mikoto and her friend Kuroko, maintainers of peace and order in the University district. Kuroko is a member of ‘Judgement’.

Sapphire Pyro says:
I liked its prequel but I haven't seen much episodes so I don't think I'll be watching this one. And even if it's just a side story, Mikoto isn't a favorite of mine anyway so I doubt I would bother to hurry in finishing Index to be able to watch this one ^^;

xtine06 says:
Too bad I dropped Index previously so I am afraid I will have to pass on this one.

ninjovee says:
I haven't watched the prequel yet, so I'm not going to follow this series this season.

Aoi Bungaku
Photobucket

Sapphire Pyro says:
OHMYGOD! The artists of Death Note, Bleach, and Prince of Tennis are participating in this adaptation! What's more, these are based on LITERARY MASTERPIECES! I spoiled myself of the plot of each novel AND THEY'RE GOOD AND INTERESTING INDEED!!!! Most anticipated anime of this season spotted!

xtine06 says:
OMG. I am excited to see this one. A lot of big names participated in this anime. What's more is that this is not any simple anime. This is based on literary masterpieces which makes it unique and very, very, very interesting to watch..

ninjovee says:
This is definitely interesting -- especially since it's a collaboration of some of the mangaka I like ^^ will be watching this

Armed Librarians: Book of Bantorra
Photobucket
This series takes place in a world where dead people turn into books and are stored away in the Bantorra Library, which is guarded by the Armed Librarians. Anyone who reads these books learns everything about that dead persons past.

The Armed Librarians are elite fighters that wield special weapons and mysterious powers. Their main enemy is a religious group that goes by the name of Sindeki Kyoudan.

Sapphire Pyro says:
THIS is my type of fantasy series. Ididn't like the character designs much though, but I think I'll get used to that soon (It was also like this with Tytania, and I got used to the art really fast). It's very interesting and promising (and oh I love book stuff~). Animation looks good and I love the seiyuu cast~ I look forward to this~

xtine06 says:
Another unique plot. It’s a new concept so I am opening my doors to this new idea. I will be checking this one out since the guys who made Code Geass also did the works for this one. This better be good :)

ninjovee says:
This seems very interesting… not a fan of the art but interesting plot > art. Will check this out

Kaidan Restaurant
Photobucket

Sapphire Pyro says:
Horror + dishes? If I want that, I'd prefer Ghost Only! This seems to be just a typical kiddie show that has some ghosts around.

xtine06 says:
I think this is for kids so I will be leaving this for the kids.

ninjovee says:
I think this anime is geared towards kids. Yeah. Like Element Hunter. Skipping!

Kampfer
Photobucket
Senou Natsuru is your normal, everyday high school student. However he´s been chosen to be a Kampfer, who´s objective consists on fighting other Kampfer with either guns, swords or magic, however, there´s catch; first you can´t chose if you´re a Kampfer or not, and second, you must have the body of a girl to use your powers.

Sapphire Pyro says:
I've read the manga and it was CRAP! The story was nonsense, in my opinion, and it's mostly ecchi with a little shoujo-ai fanservice. Not my kind of thing. No way. I don't care if the seiyuu cast seemed nice. Spare me!

xtine06 says:
I think this has a little ecchi and fanservice based on the picture. I will be passing this one because of that.

ninjovee says:
Battle show with school girls. Reminds me of Ikkitousen. Moar show ideas please? ><;

Kiddy Girl-and
Photobucket
S members Éclair and Lumière once were involved in a battle to decide the fate of the galaxy. They prevailed and peace was restored to the galaxy. Now, 50 years later, the galaxy once again stands on the brink of chaos. This conflict will see the dawn of two new heroines; Ascoeur and Q-feuille.

Sapphire Pyro says:
Is this a sequel? I'm not familiar with this… and I don't have any idea about it. Hopefully it's not shoujo-ai. It has space stuff though, so I might check it out out of curiosity.

xtine06 says:
I think this is a sequel of Kiddy Girl, something that I haven't watch so I will be passing this one too.

ninjovee says:
I haven't watched Kiddy Grade, and I don't think I'll be able to follow this.

Kimi ni Todoke
Photobucket
Kimi ni Todoke is about a girl named Kuronuma Sawako. She is nicknamed Sadako (from the ring) because many people see her as strange and often mistake her for a ghost. A boy called Kazehaya kun becomes her friend and, to her, is “100% refreshness.” Kuronuma Sawako’s one wish in life is to make friends. That’s a difficult proposition when everyone who meets her cowers in terror. She admires her classmate, Kazehaya-kun, a popular, easygoing and 100% refreshing guy who is nice with everyone, even with her.

Sapphire Pyro says:
I love Kimi ni Todoke! I'm already following the manga and I've already spoiled myself on the latest chapters. Hehe. I'll definitely love this (OMG Namikawa sa Kazehaya~) and I trust Production IG! My problem would be if I'll be able to follow this. Damn.

xtine06 says:
Now this looks hilarious. Hahahhaa. The fact that Sadako's name was being mentioned already interests me so I will check this out and besides this has an air of comedy, romance and spice and life.

ninjovee says:
Oh! Sounds like there's a candidate for best new shoujo series right here. Will be watching this.

Kobato
Photobucket
Kobato is sweet and perky girl, but also extremely naive about the world around her. She has a "mission", which is to fill a mysterious bottle of hers with the suffering from people's hearts so her wish to go a certain place that she desires to go can be granted. However, she must not fall in love with a particular boy she works with and whose heart she must heal.

Sapphire Pyro says:
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! SPARE ME!!!!! I HATE IT!!!! AND KOBATO'S VOICE MADE HER EVEN MORE DESPICABLE FOR ME!!! AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I DON'T CARE IF IT GIVES OFF CCS NOSTALGIA!!! CCS IS STILL BETTER!!!! DAMNIT!!!! But I might watch the OP and ED themes . . . Maaya's voice is lovely~

xtine06 says:
For the love of CLAMP..I will be checking this one out. I wanna see Clamp's new work of art in this season. It's been a while since I watched a CLAMP inspired work.

ninjovee says:
Have been a CLAMP fan and I love a lot of their stuff. So, I'll be checking this one out too

Letter Bee
Photobucket
Gauche is a governmental employee, given the task to deliver any letter to it’s destination. Meeting a young boy who is the letter to be delivered, Gauche makes friends with Lag and inspires him to take up the job. Five years later, Lag Seeing finally becomes his dream, that of a Letter Bee. However, the one who inspired him has gone missing and only there does the mystery start.

Sapphire Pyro says:
Though I haven't caught up yet, I love the Letter Bee manga~ I've seen the special episode, and it was nice~ I don't know if I can tune in to this every week but I'm deifnitely watching it~ FukuJun's voicing my favorite~ Kyaaa~

xtine06 says:
Ooohh..mystery..not to mention Jun Fukuyama's there??! I will be checking this out toooo.

ninjovee says:
Cute art, intriguing plot (since it's in the supernatural genre) and… FUKUJUN :3c kyaa~ Will be watching this ^^

Trapeze
Photobucket
Irabu Ichiro is an eccentric psychiatrist. Patients, who visit him to have a counseling, are perplexed with his weird behavior.

Sapphire Pyro says:
It's from the staff of Mononoke?! And it has neurology and psychiatry stuff? And whoa . . .Oedipus Complex! I sense weirdoes! I love that!!! And it looks really unique and interesting~ I have high expectations and look forward to it~

xtine06 says:
Errr..the plot is interesting but the plot is something that I am not sure if I will like or not. I am still not sure about this one.

ninjovee says:
This is quite interesting. I'll look into episode 1 first.

White Album: Final
Photobucket
The second season of White Album (episodes 14-26). Adapted from the Leaf eroge. The White Album game centers around Tōya Fujī, a college student dating a rising idol singer named Yuki Morikawa. The game deals with the challenges to the couple’s relationship from the other people at Fujī’s college, Morikawa’s work, and elsewhere.

Sapphire Pyro says:
I am not yet done with the previous season, but I liked the ones I've seen so far. However, I've heard many say that the ending of this series was very very disappointing. It's giving me second thoughts if I should even finish the previous season or not.

xtine06 says:
This is another definite parfait for me. I am already looking forward to watch this since the previous season ended in a cliff hanger. I wanna know to the ending of the lovestories in the series.

ninjovee says:
I haven't seen the first season yet… so… not following this one ^^;

Winter Sonata
Photobucket
he anime is an adaptation of the popular 2002 Korean live action romantic drama Winter Sonata (Gyeoul Yeonga). Original actors Bae Yong Jun and Choi Ji Woo will reprise their roles from the live action drama in the anime adaptation, so it does look like the series will air on Japanese television with Korean dialogue and Japanese subtitles.

Sapphire Pyro says:
I am very amazed on how similar the animated versions look with the actual people! Unfortunately, I'm not yet done watching and neither am I a fan of the live-action drama, so I don't think I'll tune in to this. I'll go finish the drama instead (we have the complete episodes anyway). I may watch an episode or more of this out of curiosity though.

xtine06 says:
Now this really made me interested. I have watched the drama version and I really cried. This has the genre of heavy drama but since I loved it, I am watching this one. It's also amusing that the characters look like their live action counterpart plus Bae Yong Jun and Choi Ji Woo will voice the characters.

ninjovee says:
Haven't watched even a single episode of the original Korean drama… I have a very strong feeling this will be localized in the near future. Might pick it up in the future, but not following it this season.

~~~~===============Overall Thoughts:
===============~~~~


Sapphire Pyro says:
There are a lot of series I disliked from this season, but there are ones that have been interesting for me. I don't want to pick up much series to have more time for manga. Maybe I'll only blog 1 to 3 series form this season.

I'm pretty sure I'll be blogging Aoi Bungaku (Blue Literature). Everything with the word "blue" fits me. Ohohohoho~ But I'll cover it by arc/novel.

Another series that I think I will certainly be blogging as well would be Armed Librarians. Books + Fantasy and I are really meant to be. Haha! As well as Trapeze! It seems very very unique and interesting~

So there goes my top three most anticipated Fall 2009 anime this season.

I'm gonna be watching Kimi ni Todoke and Letter Bee too, but I'm not that sure if I could blog them. The same goes with Darker Than Black 2 . . . especially that it doesn't seem to be as awesome as the previous season. While with Fairy Tail, even if I love it, blogging it is impossible for me. I'll watch it out of bias though *will just watch favorite arcs*. The same goes to Sora no Otoshimono *will only watch OTP moments*. Maybe I'll do the same for Nyan Koi *only cares about OTP moments too*.

These are the ones I'm not sure if I'll like, but I'm checking them out: 11 eyes, Miracle Train, The Sacred Blacksmoth, and Yumeiro Patissiere


xtine06 says:
I think that the new season is meant for all the sequels of previous anime. A lot of them are sequels. Some of which I haven't watch while some are my most awaited sequels. Though, there are unique series in there too. So I am still excited for this.

My life would be busy as ever as I enter another career but even so, I would try my best to take as many anime as my so little time can so that I can bring it all to everybody. After all, this season has some of my most awaited sequels to the series that I really loved!

ninjovee says:
This season is jam-packed with sequels -- of series that I haven't watched too ><; I do have a list of series that I'll be checking out. As for the parfaits, I know you guys haven't seen much from me ^^; and I apologize. I will do my best to update better this season! If time permits, I'll be able to blog 1-3 series. The series that I'll most likely blog about are: Kimi ni Todoke, Kobato and Nyan Koi. I might just stick to one though. *still has a lot of lined up series to watch*

That's it for the preview of the upcoming anime series this season!
How about you guys? What Fall 2009 series do you look forward to the most?

4 comments:

Hal said...

There are a few promising series which I've been following through the manga, so I will definitely be watching/bookmarking them.

Another few caught my attention, so I'll be taking a look at them. But as for the rest I feel that I'll probably watch like an episode or two and then fall out of them.

xtine06 said...

@Hal

Thanks thanks for bookmarking ^^

My sure ones in this series are Darker than Black, Inuyasha and White Album. For other series..I will know it once I watched an episode or two.

Anonymous said...

im looking 4ward 2 anime 11 eyes!! XD

anime said...

i love this anime. thanks for posting.

Post a Comment