Daydream Sanctuary Features

Thursday, May 28, 2009

New Flavors: Loose Relation between Wizard & Apprentice


Loose Relation between Wizard and Apprentice
( Mahoutsukai to Deshi no Futekisetsu na Kankei )
by Konya Yukio
Hard working, level 1 magician Konoha is apprenticed to lazy Knight Protector Saionji Ikumaru. They both work to keep the etherworld sealed away from their own but sometimes the seal doesn't work. Dragons, demons and now Ishtar, the goddess of Venus. Will Ishtar help Konoha win her master's affections? Or will she take him for herself?


This scene reminded me so much of Hetalia's Arthur (England)! Haha!
I checked this out mainly because I find the art pretty and I'm a sucker for magical stuff. Hehe.
After reading the chapter, I got disappointed though. The ecchi in the end is kind of . . . DUH?! There was a pretty good reason for the fanservice (because the one who did the stripping is a goddess of sex) but still . . . was it really necessary? But fortunately the leading guy isn't perverted.
As for the characters, I like the leading guy. Not only because he's cute. I find him pretty cool and his power is very very interesting . . . not to mention eerily unique! He's also a laidback and fun guy, yet pretty awesome!
The leading girl however, is one of those moe types that is loved by everyone. At least she wasn't as weak as the other girls of her type, but still, I find her annoying. While on the other main girl, I find her really really bratty and annoying.
Storywise, I don't see anything remarkable with it. It's interesting though, but I'm not sure if this will be the type I would want to follow. Depends on the main story I guess. This is just chapter one after all.
I think those who like magical stuff (like wizardry, dragons, summoning, etc.) may appreciate this one, unless they absolutely can't stand ecchi, fears the word "sex", and totally couldn't tolerate a pretty clichéd story.

Plot Source: Baka-Updates