Daydream Sanctuary Features

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Shangri-La - Episode 14


To be honest, this episode hadn't been as great as the others. But it had given us more background on Atlas. It's also pretty rare to see Ryouko not being able to do what she pleases.
And of course, how could I not be delighted upon seeing scenes of my favorite dorky soldier boy? Mwahahaha!


  • Kuniko's invasion plan seemed to have lacked . . . errr . . . proper planning? They just thought of how to get in and what to target, but not exactly how to accomplish that task, I think. So many of them are really confused on what to do. I can't blame them for being confused because of what they saw though, but still . . . the soldiers depended on Takehiko and Kuniko too much.
  • The holographic images technique to deceive the invaders from what they really see is a nice strategy. I find it cool that they reconstructed natural places (tropical islands, deserts, etc.) and also Japan before the earthquake. I find it funny that there was even a godzilla/dinosaur! Bwahahaha! Kuniko had certainly not heard of them, and she finds it awesome. I like this girl~ Haha!
  • I'm quite disappointed though that it was Kuniko who was able to figure out that those were just holographic images. I mean, come on . . . does it always have to be the main character?
  • It's nice to that Momoko had explained to us why Atlas was built but . . . of all times why during their invasion? Sometimes it's fun and cool when they do something casual in serious situations, but it's totally not the time to do a loooong chit chat. Their other comrades are in danger! They shouldn't just stand there and chat like it's an ordinary day! Guuuhh . . .
  • Now about Momoko . . . . her jokes . . . pretty perverted . . . but they're funny~
  • Kuniko and Momoko got separated again. Kuniko got inside the err . . Diet? (can't remember the term) and saw the people behind Atlas' constructions. It was revealed that it was Kuniko's granny who was the CEO of Atlas. That got Kuniko pretty devastated.
  • The current chairman of Atlas is Tarsien. He says that he just funded her dreams. So possibly that he's referring to Kuniko's grandmother. They seem close, but now that we get to know that they used to know each other, I'm now curious what their relationship had been like and why they're in different sides now.
  • Ah, so Ryouko is Tarsien's niece. So that's why she has so much power. She had inherited it fom her uncle.
  • She even wants to please her uncle so much that she wore a red dress. (She looked sexy by the way. Shet . . . why am I so attracted to evil sexy women?! . . . and err . . don't worry, I'm straight). However, she can't really resist him. Wow . . . really rare to see Ryouko like that.
  • Ryouko said something to Sion about living alone with his sister. So he also had a sister?! What about her sister? I don't remember it mentioned in the previous episodes. Oh well, hopefully some explanations soon.
  • Sion . . . and his fascination to Ryouko . . . really really disturbs me.
  • I wonder who had let Sayoko escape . . . and odd that they let a prisoner keep her bag. I know her injection needs was hidden in her glasses, but still, not all her belongings were taken. It's just odd for a prison.
  • As for Karin . . . she and Klaris sure are pretty evil for only thinking of making money at such a situation. Zhang seems to have more conscience compare to the two. Haha.
  • Seiyuu talk: Shet . . . I love MEDUSA's voice. Blame it for my love for Kakihara Tetsuya's voice. Also, I think the seiyuu of the Asian guy that Karin talks with (Zhang) is Yoshino Hiroyuki? I think it's him. I've been listening to Firo's (of Baccano) a lot. Ehehe~ . . . *checks ANN* Oh I was right~ Mwahahaha!
[ MOMOKO ]

I don't see the need of making Momoko a transvertie . . . she's too pretty she should've been a woman. Haha!

[ OTP MOMENT ]

THIS IS HOW THEY MEET!
I KNEW THAT THEIR REUNION IS GONNA BE AWESOME!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!


~ EVIL GLARES~


Kunihito: Tell your leader to stop this stupid sh*t!
Kuniko: I'm the leader now and what we're doing ain't no sh*t!
Kunihito: WTF?! Then surrender now you piece of sh*t!
Kuniko: F*ck off!

Ah~ That's love . . .
About those dialogues . . . just kidding . . . heeeheeeheee


They're aiming weapons at each other . . . but of course they had to talk into it:


Kuniko's been telling Kunihito that there's something wrong with Atlas' system. Kunihito doesn't deny it, but he doesn't believe that rebelling would do any good either.


Oh these two . . . they aim for the same thing but are on different sides. Star crossed lovers I say.
What?! It's my OTP. I can't help myself from seeing them as lovers. Especially with Kunihito being so obvious~

But damn, right after their epic reunion, the just had to be separated again:

WWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHYYYYY???????!!!!!!
DAMN WALL!!!!!!!!

She escapes . . . and of course he chases after her (he could've actually just opened fire if she's serious of capturing her. Shoot the leg at least. But no, as if he can shoot her. All he can do is aim his gun at her or use the gun for defense. Kunihito you dork!)

Unfortunately, he was stopped from chasing her. Oh by the way, before they met, Kuniko was on a rampage and I would like to believe that Kunihito had sensed that it she's involved in this so he ran on his own to find her. Ohohohoho~ (Fine, he just went ahead to face who's been causing the disorder already).

[ KUNIHITO PICSPAM ]
He has not exactly been cute in all the scenes he had appeared in but . . . there aren't much Kunihito in the previous episode so I want to do some picspam on the episodes he had more roles. Ohohohoho~

I love his face on he lower right. So handsome~

My favorite is the one in the upper left~ Cute~

I am a huge sucker for soldier boys with serious faces~

[ DYING TO SEE NEXT EPISODE ]
I saw Tarsien talking to Ryouko's harem . . . also Karin's teddy . . .

And Kuniko and Momoko got reunited . . . and it looks like they are with Kunihito's mom
WAIT!
THEY'RE IN KUNIHITO'S PLACE??????!!!!!!!!!

AND HE'S HOME:

AND HE WAS DOING THE NARRATION FOR THE NEXT EPISODE! OMG!!!! MEANING IT'S A KUNIHITO EPISODE, AM I RIGHT OR AM I RIGHT? AND OF COURSE HE'S GONNA BE REUNITED WITH KUNIKO AGAIN!!! HIS MOMZ JUST MET HER FUTURE DAUGHTER-IN-LAW!!! OHOHOHOHOHO!!! AND MOMOKO'S THERE!!!! SHE ALSO SHIPS KUNIHITO x KUNIKO!!!! YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!!!! KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ehem* I'm sorry if I don't make much sense in this entry. Blame my excitement for the next episode and my stupid internet connection for being okay hours ago but suddenly misbehaving while I was typing this entry. Gggggrrrr . . . . I'm pissed.

6 comments:

Shounen A said...

I also loved how Kuniko loved the Godzilla. :D

I'm not sure about Ryouko being Tarsian's niece. "Oji-sama" is also used for unrelated but familiar old men, after all. Although there's the disturbing possibility that Ryouko might call Tarsian "oji-sama" because he was close to her mother, and considering who the only old lady we know Tarsian was close to was ...

As for Sion having a sister, I'm pretty sure Ryouko was referring to Sion's older brother Leon.

Sapphire Pyro said...

Yay Godzilla!!! xD

I'm not sure about Ryouko being Tarsian's niece. "Oji-sama" is also used for unrelated but familiar old men, after all.
== Ah, I see. But if they're really not relatives, I find it odd for Tarsien to let Ryouko inherit something THAT big if she's not a relative x_x

Although there's the disturbing possibility that Ryouko might call Tarsian "oji-sama" because he was close to her mother, and considering who the only old lady we know Tarsian was close to was ...
== Ryouko beign Nagiko's daughter is pretty disturbing o_O Just as disturbing as her being Kuniko's mother O_o Others have speculated that too but . . . that's just too weird.

As for Sion having a sister, I'm pretty sure Ryouko was referring to Sion's older brother Leon.
== I still don't see the connection x_x

Shounen A said...

IIRC, Ryouko only mentioned sending the siblings to live on the ground and didn't mention anything about any sister. (The Japanese word for siblings can be confusing, since it has the same pronunciation but different letters for the possible cases: brother-brother, brother-sister, ...)

Sapphire Pyro said...

Eh?? So there's a mistake on gonzo's translation? x-x unless I've read/remembered it wrong . . .

Shounen A said...

I don't use any translations from Gonzo (they're available so soon?), but I recall hearing only the word 'kyoudai' (siblings), nothing about 'imouto' or 'oneesan' (younger or elder sisters). On the other hand, I could be the one who screwed up. ^_^;;

Anonymous said...

wow that was retarded, get a life.

their was no indication to their relationship anyway and he was the most boring and unneccessary character on the show, they even realised that and gave him a background role and dropped their whole relationship completely.

Post a Comment